Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-08-2010, 12:16
Super Moderator

Thumbs up A pronto plumbing job.

We woke very early this morning because the ceiling fan had stopped and we were getting too warm. Hubby went to investigate and discovered that the power had tripped out, he flicked the main trip-switch on and it went again which meant he had to go through each one to find out what was causing it. It was the one for the lights, meanwhile i had walked into the main bathroom which had actually become a swimming pool .........yes water was pouring through the ceiling and running down the walls. We assumed it must be coming from upstairs so hubby went to see them but nobody was home , we had to wait until 9am for the admins office to open but the guy came over immediately, he got someone to turn off the water upstairs however it then became apparent that the problem was in our flat.
So water turned off and about to ring our landlord when a plumber arrived (no hablar English) but manage to understand it is ok for him to look at it, he goes to get tools and landlord is on doorstep, very apologetic for our inconvenience bless him. Anyway by 12.10pm the job is done, ok i had mopped up god knows how many buckets of water and we have a hole in the ceiling (which will be repaired in a day or two) but i think that it was fantastic service
Old 17-08-2010, 12:47

Gosh - what a headache to wake up to, Sparky! Thank God it is sorted and as you say wonderful service.
What caused the problem?
Hope all ok now for you.
Old 17-08-2010, 12:56
Super Moderator

Yes Eleanor it was a bit of a rude awakening!!!, i forgot to add that by the time the admin man arrived the en-suite was also flooded so i was running from one to the other with my mop and bucket . It was a burst pipe .
I am off out for a glass of vino to calm my nerves .
Old 17-08-2010, 13:43

Arrrghh! Glad you got it all sorted! There's nothing like water everywhere (where it shouldn't be!) to induce panic!
Old 17-08-2010, 14:40

Not nice ! We had a flood a few years back in our new apartment. The builders
had set the hot water temperature too high for the plastic fittings and one came
apart.The only problem now is if there is any leak in our building we are the first
to be called, so when were are not out in PP I switch off the mains supply to our appartment removing the lever to the tap (stops anyone turning it on by mistake).
Old 17-08-2010, 15:42

Yep, had a flood when the washing machine was put in - they pushed it too close to the wall and kinked the pipe, which promptly overflowed whilst washing machine was on and nobody in!
Old 17-08-2010, 18:30

Default Anyone know a good plumber and electrician?

While we are talking about plumbing....does anyone have a contact name and number for a good plumber and electrician? Preferably one who speaks a bit of English. It's just that we are putting in a new kitchen ourselves later in the year but will need some minor electrical and plumbing work done alongside.
Old 17-08-2010, 19:15

We had a broken pipe on the outside of our apt which was reported to us by a neighbour - we are in UK - so not alot we can do.

Called agent, who called plumber. OK - he came out straight away and fixed the broken pipe (he would have only needed to replace a plastic section that was easy to get at and then cover in concrete to stop the plastic pipe deterriorating in the sun) A

All done within the day (I rekon it would have taken no more that 3 hours, call it 4) - 350 euros

So if anyone knows a good plumber (and sparks) who speaks Inglese and is prompt and efficient I would very much like to know.
Old 17-08-2010, 21:31

Glad you got it sorted Sparky m8, sounds like you have a good landlord there, did it go through to the flat below?

On island time!!
Old 17-08-2010, 23:04
Super Moderator

Yes SWS our landlord is a diamond and we are very lucky, he phoned this evening apologising again and to make sure all was well. Also to tell us that the hole in the ceiling will be repaired tomorrow.
There is a computer shop below us and i am hoping that they were not effected .
Old 18-08-2010, 11:05

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
We had a broken pipe on the outside of our apt which was reported to us by a neighbour - we are in UK - so not alot we can do.

Called agent, who called plumber. OK - he came out straight away and fixed the broken pipe (he would have only needed to replace a plastic section that was easy to get at and then cover in concrete to stop the plastic pipe deterriorating in the sun) A

All done within the day (I rekon it would have taken no more that 3 hours, call it 4) - 350 euros

So if anyone knows a good plumber (and sparks) who speaks Inglese and is prompt and efficient I would very much like to know.
He's earning more than the air traffic controllers!
Old 18-08-2010, 11:43
Super Moderator

Paul from Project has been highly recommended on here, sorry i don't have contact details maybe Sandy can pass them on to you.

Update on my plumbing job........the builder arrived at 11.30am and by 12.20pm the hole in the ceiling had been repaired, bathroom cleaned up and all debris taken away, he will be back when the plaster has dried to paint the ceiling.
Old 18-08-2010, 11:54

Default Project - see Market Place / Property Services

@Sparky
Nice to here about the pronto plumbing job and that it's nearly sorted.

'Project' advertises in the Market Place -
Puerto Pollensa, Mallorca (Majorca) - Property Services

Haven't used them but there are quite a few recommendations on the forum.
Old 18-08-2010, 14:58

Paul project

We can highly recommend Paul having used his services this year. Excellent work - on time - and a lovely person too!
Old 18-08-2010, 17:22

Thanks - I know of Paul but was not sure if he would be in a position to do things quickly in an emergency