Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-02-2011, 22:37

Yes I think that would be very wise!
Obviously your agent wouldn't be forthcoming!! but the solicitor - if independent - should keep you informed. Certainly best not to have any shocks after the event! Good luck anyway.
Old 14-02-2011, 17:58

Hi Alex just to let you know that I have sent you a PM with a brief update of the meeting with our Solicitor. Best wishes Bluejr77 (Janice)
Old 19-03-2012, 22:33
Under Moderation

Default Water in La Font

Hi there. We too have a house in La Font and have had problems with the water supply. Last summer it dried up completely in the middle of August and we had to tanker in water for the rest of the month. When we went back at the end of September and October there was still no water which led us to get a bit suspicious. The guy who seemed to be in charge of the supply was adamant that the wells were dry but all of our neighbours had water so we knew this wasn't true. In the end, after we'd spent over 500 euros on tanker water, it transpired that there was a blockage in the pipe at the edge of our property and that we should have had water all along. We tried to get compensation from the water company but, surprise surprise, no joy. The only good news is that the guy has been moved on and someone else is in charge now.
Very interested in an update on the Pollensa council issue if anyone has one please? We certainly don't want to give them 30,000 euros!
Old 20-03-2012, 12:34

Hi snowyjo. Trying to type on iPhone & a little difficult! Our solicitor met with the architect on pollensa council on our behalf approx 3 weeks ago. Basically it will be another 2 months before they have the plans drawn up. If you drop me a pm with your email address I will forward the email from our solicitor. I only have intermittent access to Internet at the minute so plse bear with me!! Janice
Old 27-03-2012, 11:39

Default Urbanisation of la font

Hi. To anyone interested I have just received an email from the association saying that the mayor of pollensa is holding a meeting on 4 April @ 7pm in town hall. The costs & timetable will be discussed. Unfortunately as its short notice we won't be able to attend. If anyone is able to attend plse could you let us know what the plans/costs are - we would be very grateful as not sure if our solicitor can attend. Thanks.
Old 27-03-2012, 13:54

Hope you can find someone Bluejr. This is such a worry to those living in the area and especially so as such huge amounts of money are being suggested.
Lets hope that this is sorted for you soon.
Old 27-03-2012, 14:00

What would the 'urbanisation' involve? We often stay in the La Font area as it's such a lovely peaceful tranquil part of the Pollensa countryside, and the word 'urbanisation' suggests to me, that there will be a massive building project turning it into an awful built-up sprawleek:

Last edited by Rosie34; 27-03-2012 at 16:06.
Old 27-03-2012, 22:24

Hi Rosie. Please rest assured it won't be a built up area/sprawl. The works that were originally suggested were to be repairing roads/sidewalks, repairing street lighting, supplying of mains water & sewerage. What the final plans are will be discussed at this meeting for residents. Bluer77
Old 28-03-2012, 08:29

Whilst no expert from recollection "urbanization" simply refers to a defined local area. So I don't think there are the implications that the term has in English.
Old 28-03-2012, 09:47

Thanks for the reassurance - I was getting visions of the lovely fields being dug up for housing estates Think I may have over-reacted