Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 30-11-2009, 18:33

Default New bathroom

Just thought Iíd say another thank you to Paul at Project who has just finished putting in my new bathroom. Its lurvely ! So thatís a new kitchen and a new bathroom up and running within 6 months of each other and Iím over the moon. If anyone is thinking of having either put in, Iím happy to act as showroom. Well, Iíve always been one to show off !
Sponsored Links
Old 30-11-2009, 18:38

May well take you up on that! Spent an hour or so looking at kitchens in Al Campo, who do deals for set amount of cupboards etc. and also looking at brochures to redo our ensuite.

Question; both our bathrooms have bidets, hardly ever used and take up space. Should we get rid of them, or are they something that should really stay for when we sell?
Old 30-11-2009, 19:29

Hi Bella,

My husband is an architect who has worked mostly abroad. We had many a discussion as I too wondered the same question. My husband decided that from his experience it would be a disadvantage to dispose of the bidets as many Europeans especially would expect to have them as its very much and "English thing' not to. We decided that perhaps we would be cutting off a chunk of our market place by getting rid of them.

As for kitchens, have you looked at Ikea? They have a wonderful selection and what is so good is that you know that you can always just change the doors as the sizes are their standard. If you want to change your kitchen again in a few years time its an easy job.

Hope you enjoy your stay.
Happy shopping,
Eleanor
Old 30-11-2009, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
May well take you up on that! Spent an hour or so looking at kitchens in Al Campo, who do deals for set amount of cupboards etc. and also looking at brochures to redo our ensuite.

Question; both our bathrooms have bidets, hardly ever used and take up space. Should we get rid of them, or are they something that should really stay for when we sell?
FYI We got our granite worktops from Leroy Merlin and they did an excellent job. Keep the bidets, they appeal to a larger market and where else would you chill the wine?
Old 30-11-2009, 20:05

LOL! Interesting selling feature! Yes, of course it was Leroys, not much room for kitchens in the fruit aisle!

Think we will keep them, but now thinking of getting rid of one of the baths to put in a good shower cubical. There will still be a bath in the other bathroom. Will have a look in Ikea, although I do like the granite. This will probably be a job to start year after next b ut want to get the groundwork done first.

Last edited by Belladonna; 30-11-2009 at 20:10.
Old 01-12-2009, 09:47

You're more than welcome to have a look Bella. We deliberated for ages on 'to bidet, or not to bidet' and finally decided that the bathroom was primarily for our benefit and took the damn thing out !
Old 01-12-2009, 09:53

Oh no, you see!!??? Now I get confused again with what to do! LOL! Will be in touch though when next over if we may Sandy, thank you.
Old 01-12-2009, 10:29

Most new builds here now leave our bidets so I would agree, get rid! I've never heard a potential buyer ask if there are bidets in the bathrooms!
Old 01-12-2009, 10:48

Thats what I thought, although there is another point that if properties are sold to locals, they are then expected to be included.
Old 01-12-2009, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by Belladonna View Post
Thats what I thought, although there is another point that if properties are sold to locals, they are then expected to be included.

Hi Belladonna

I suppose it boils down to what you intend to do with the space.If it meant for example that you could replace it with a separate shower then most buyers ( even the locals ) would probably prefer this in my opinion but if you just want more space then I would leave it in.
Old 01-12-2009, 13:44

Default bidet or no bidet?

I got rid of mine when my shower room was 'reformed' last winter. Luckily, there have been no adverse comments (even from Mallorcan rental guests) and it's left a lot more usable space in that bathroom.
I also decided to make the shower room a wet room (ie dipped shower base) and no cubicle doors and this has proved to be very popular with guests too.
Old 01-12-2009, 13:45

Good point. I suppose having 2 bathrooms I could take one away and then if they really really wanted to use a bidet, they could go to the loo in the other one!!
Old 01-12-2009, 14:07

I'd definitely take it out. I deal with a lot of clients and all are happy with the extra space they gain, much more minimalistic and modern. Most bidets these days just seem to gather dust.
Glad you were happy Sandy, we aim to please!
Regards
Paul - Project
Old 01-12-2009, 16:49

I should have one of those pointer swingers! It has swung from totally leaving them in; almost certainly leaving them in; taking one out; now taking them both out!
Old 01-12-2009, 16:56

Perhaps we should help you Bella, by taking a vote lol

I say leave them in......