Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   The Hill & the brilliant Map Facility... (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/4903-hill-brilliant-map-facility.html)

Gommar Goffer 06-07-2009 23:23

The Hill & the brilliant Map Facility...

Here's a poser for you - does anybody know the name of the hill at the back of the port where the Bellauba apartments are now built, much to my dismay? :confused:

The reason will become apparent in time..............

GG

med777 07-07-2009 00:19

Hiya GG,

Firstly as a resident of Bellauba :eek: (least we kept the trees !) which is more the the one behind us did !

And, noooooo, have no idea and totally intrigued !!!!!!!!!!!!

do tell :)

Miriam

jiggggy 07-07-2009 01:33

Hi GG and Mirriam,
I know the mountain you are talking about, we stayed in a villa in Calle de Falco 5 years ago, and often wondered the same question. But after 30 mins googling i think it is called 'Puig de Gotmar Mountain'.
Hope it helps:)

sws97sdg 07-07-2009 11:35

I have a map showing that Albercutx is the higest peak in that region at 360m, is that the one you mean?

pollensa 07-07-2009 12:32

I have looked at my walking map which has contour lines. It shows a raised area just behind (S-W) Gotmar called P. Llenaire (?Puig LLenaire) at 117m. It doesn't show anything else near there.

Any good?

ray 07-07-2009 12:48

I'm sure it's called Puig Lennaire, there is no Puig Gotmar

jodave 07-07-2009 18:07

Viewer IDEmallorca

A chance to show a great webs site I found recently provided by the Mallorca government. Visors de mapes :: IDEmallorca :: Consell de Mallorca

Selecting "Viewer IDEmallorca" provides the generic viewer but you can select others. You can quickly zoom to pollenca selecting the municipality (top left of screen) and navigating from there.

To get the level of detail to see contours etc you have to zoom in and select topographic 1:5000 on the RHS menu. You can even see the new bypass by selecting ROADS..

The hill top shows the name to be Turo de Llenaire across whats seems to be the highest point and Putxet de Gotmar about 100m metres further north.

Hope this helps.

Mark1875 07-07-2009 19:46

Stayed there last year, a long walk to town but smashing views. Its Puig Llenaire by the way.

El Gordo 07-07-2009 20:56

Excellent site JODAVE

To help, there is an English language selector at the top of the page.

jodave 07-07-2009 21:16

Sorry thought I saved the english link! I'll try again

Visors de mapes :: IDEmallorca :: Consell de Mallorca.

Yes it is an impressive site, especially for free.

The arial view (orthophoto 2006) is also newer than google earth which was updated 2004. The Villa we are going to this year is on but not on google earth.

med777 08-07-2009 00:02

Brilliant site jodave, thanx for sharing !

Now GG...some input plzzzzzz, or the Hill is gonna forever be nicknamed 'the Hill' ! :D

Miriam

med777 08-07-2009 00:03

... and jodave... have u worked out what POOT is ? :confused:

Miriam

Gommar Goffer 08-07-2009 01:06

Oh this is so embarassing - I only expected a couple of replies.

Please bear with me because I wanted to change my ID photo to one of me on the hill in 1975 which I cannot paste here for some reason. I have been transfering old slides to my PC so I will put them on flickr soon

A tired GG is now going to bed :)

jodave 08-07-2009 10:43

Miriam,

No idea what POOT is . However if you tick it it covers a similiar area to that covered by the urban development area. ! Have you also seen that even street lighting is covered by the Road Network infrastructure. (little yellow dots).

Sorry to seem a little "nerdy" but the other great feature is the printing. Clicking the print icon translates the view to a "pdf" format which you can save, and then of course print. The process does take a littel time however.

You have to untick topographic and tick Carto city and /or Cadastre for the best effect. (pop up blockers can also stop the process)

Dave

pollensa 08-07-2009 16:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by jodave (Post 32264)
Sorry to seem a little "nerdy" but the other great feature is the printing. Clicking the print icon translates the view to a "pdf" format which you can save, and then of course print. The process does take a littel time however.

You have to untick topographic and tick Carto city and /or Cadastre for the best effect. (pop up blockers can also stop the process)

Dave

Am afraid I'm addicted now. Have printed a lovely little map with plots & shapes of lots of lovely villas.... ;) (cadastral map (land registry))