Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Bedding (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/4795-bedding.html)

Nick 16-06-2009 01:22

Bedding

Hi all

We have just bought an apartment in PP. Can anyone tell me where we can get bedding from please?
Many thanks,

Nick

Major Tom 16-06-2009 07:51

Hello,
We bought ours in Palma Cort Englais I think its spelt that way,it's a big department store.
Make a day of it in Palma !!!

Sparky 16-06-2009 09:30

Alcampo is good as well and i have got some good quality sheets from the Salvation Army charity shop where i also bought 2 complete single beds for €120. If you are kitting out an apartment it is well worth having a wander around the lady who runs it is very helpful.:D

sandy 16-06-2009 09:44

... and there is of course the inevitable Ikea

pansy potter 16-06-2009 09:50

Hi

We bought most of ours from Ikea in Palma and Carrefour which is nt far from the airport. Ikea is the same as home so you can pick up things here to take over. Alcampo has a large selection but be careful as some of the complete sets have pillowcases that are for the very long pillows that go straight across the bed. We wanted seperate pillows so Ikea has these but as you probably know these are not standard UK pillow sizes nor are the beds. We found that in Carrefour the 160 sized sheets fitted our Ikea bed well. Leroy Merlin next to Alcampo has a small selection of bedding some of which have curtains to match.

Pansy

Labore 16-06-2009 11:47

Hi Nick - congratulations on your purchase I hope you get many years of pleasure out of your apartment .We prefer to take out as much stuff from the UK as possible as I find the quality,price and fashion of the Mallorquian home furnishings leaves a lot to be desired (good quality local solid wood furniture excluded which is excellent value.) The same applies to electrical goods - even in places like Alcampo ( which is probably the best local option ) they are much dearer and inferior quality than the likes of Argos and Asda in the UK . This is just our opinion. The classifieds in talk of the north are also worth checking out regularly and also the items wanted or for sale section on this website.Whichever way you choose I hope you get the same buzz in kitting out your new apartment that we did ( and still do.)

kate1 16-06-2009 11:57

There's a very good linen shop not far from the Sant Jordi square in Pollensa old town. Can't remember the name but it is run by female twins - they sell fashion downstairs and upstairs it's bedding, towels etc. They have a really good selection at various prices and it seems to be good quality - the sets we bought for our villa back in 2003 are still going strong despite numerous washes during the rental season.

Nick 17-06-2009 00:41

Thanks to you all for your helpful replies. We are back out in early August to take possession (hopefully!) so will be looking then.

Nick