Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 16-06-2009, 01:22
Banned

Default Bedding

Hi all

We have just bought an apartment in PP. Can anyone tell me where we can get bedding from please?
Many thanks,

Nick
Sponsored Links
Old 16-06-2009, 07:51

Hello,
We bought ours in Palma Cort Englais I think its spelt that way,it's a big department store.
Make a day of it in Palma !!!
Old 16-06-2009, 09:30
Super Moderator

Alcampo is good as well and i have got some good quality sheets from the Salvation Army charity shop where i also bought 2 complete single beds for €120. If you are kitting out an apartment it is well worth having a wander around the lady who runs it is very helpful.

Last edited by Sparky; 16-06-2009 at 09:55.
Old 16-06-2009, 09:44

... and there is of course the inevitable Ikea
Old 16-06-2009, 09:50

Hi

We bought most of ours from Ikea in Palma and Carrefour which is nt far from the airport. Ikea is the same as home so you can pick up things here to take over. Alcampo has a large selection but be careful as some of the complete sets have pillowcases that are for the very long pillows that go straight across the bed. We wanted seperate pillows so Ikea has these but as you probably know these are not standard UK pillow sizes nor are the beds. We found that in Carrefour the 160 sized sheets fitted our Ikea bed well. Leroy Merlin next to Alcampo has a small selection of bedding some of which have curtains to match.

Pansy
Old 16-06-2009, 11:47

Hi Nick - congratulations on your purchase I hope you get many years of pleasure out of your apartment .We prefer to take out as much stuff from the UK as possible as I find the quality,price and fashion of the Mallorquian home furnishings leaves a lot to be desired (good quality local solid wood furniture excluded which is excellent value.) The same applies to electrical goods - even in places like Alcampo ( which is probably the best local option ) they are much dearer and inferior quality than the likes of Argos and Asda in the UK . This is just our opinion. The classifieds in talk of the north are also worth checking out regularly and also the items wanted or for sale section on this website.Whichever way you choose I hope you get the same buzz in kitting out your new apartment that we did ( and still do.)
Old 16-06-2009, 11:57

There's a very good linen shop not far from the Sant Jordi square in Pollensa old town. Can't remember the name but it is run by female twins - they sell fashion downstairs and upstairs it's bedding, towels etc. They have a really good selection at various prices and it seems to be good quality - the sets we bought for our villa back in 2003 are still going strong despite numerous washes during the rental season.
Old 17-06-2009, 00:41
Banned

Thanks to you all for your helpful replies. We are back out in early August to take possession (hopefully!) so will be looking then.

Nick