Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-05-2009, 15:56
Under Moderation

Default Income Tax for non residents

Please can anyone help me on how to complete the new repacement forms for the 214 form used previously.
I have got the new 210 forms but need help!!!!!!!
Sponsored Links
Old 31-05-2009, 20:31

Hi coleyanne,I also have problems with this tax.I would like to add a few additional questions. I am aware that the wealth tax has been abolished but I have been informed that “income tax” is due from non residents who own property, even if they do not receive any income for rentals. Is this correct? If so, what forms are required? Where can you get the forms? How do you pay the tax. Are you advised to employ a solicter to carry out these transactions. Approximately how much would this cost?
Old 01-06-2009, 14:40
Under Moderation

Default Income tax...non residents

Forms cost 1.50 euros from the Hacienda (tax office) in Inca. Solicitors usually charge around 80 euros pp.

Can be completed by yourself and paid at any bank in the Port.....I just need an English translation on how to complete......ANY HELP??????
Old 01-06-2009, 17:34
Under Moderation

Hi there
I work as a translator, if you need any help please see my add in the local services section.

See http://www.puertopollensa.com/locals...html#spanglish

Many thanks
Rebecca

Last edited by pollensa; 01-06-2009 at 17:39. Reason: link to advert added
Old 01-06-2009, 21:41

More details of this when you find out would be very useful to me and for many PP forum members who have apartments.

I currently pay this tax via my solicitor.

I was very pleased at the abolition of the Wealth Tax and expected a much reduced bill, however, I still received a bill for circa 300 euros for "Non Resident taxes". I think this tax is called "Renta" on the mainland?

I have asked for a breakdown of the bill to identify tax and the solicitors costs separately, but have not received this yet.

If I could pay this myself it would be a great saving.

Thanks in anticipation

My FlickR Photos
Old 02-06-2009, 11:04

Here, here! - I hate to pay over the odds for something that I can do myself - it seems the only obstacle is the language. I wonder if the banks would complete the form, they are independent and would probably charge a fee but not as much as the solicitor. Any help would be appreciated.
Old 02-06-2009, 11:06
Founder

As I understand it, the 'non-resident' tax is actually income tax against a supposed nominal income from your property so I should think it is based a vualuation of your property. There is a detailed explanation in 'You & the Law in Spain (very good) - see Books on Living in Spain In my version (dated 2004) it states that your 'imaginary income' is 2% of the valor catastral of your property & you then pay 25% income tax on this but this may now have changed.
Old 02-06-2009, 12:00

Gordon - it totally agree. I was expecting a reduced bill this year... only to find that it had gone up about 25%

From past experienses trying to get a detailed breakdown could take years if you get one at all!!!

GG
Old 02-06-2009, 12:36
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
I was expecting a reduced bill this year... only to find that it had gone up about 25%
Ours has definitely gone down - but this is the bill due to be paid this later year for 2008.

You can also ask for copies of the forms that were submitted on your behalf & then you can see what was paid to the 'hacienda' & what was your solicitor's fees.
Old 03-06-2009, 14:23

There is a recent article which can be found online in the Euro weekly and it gives the same figures Pollensa as your book. I found this article by just searching non residents tax in Spain. I think if you work on those lines you won't go far wrong,I think its the forms that are confusing.
Old 03-06-2009, 15:42

Greeeeat!
Our Abogado has just calculated our taxes ( in lieu of non resident tax) for this year and they represent only 25% of what we have paid in previous years. It is not often that taxes go down so much, but I am not complaining!