Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-06-2009, 09:00

With reference to my first post, the money was taken out of our account for non payment of a council tax. This happens quite often as alot of us are nt sure about all the various taxes and time spans in which to pay. If you do not pay then you automatically are taken to court ( although you re not there or know anything about it ) charges amounting to 100 euros or so are put on top of the tax and it is automatically taken from your bank. One way to ensure this does nt happen is to pay the tax in cash annually at the Tributeria ( Spell ?? ) in person in Pollensa, this way saving court charges !! I know we will be going a long in August to pay our dues !!

Pansy
Sponsored Links
Old 08-06-2009, 09:54

If you set up a direct debit with your bank Im pretty sure they deal with it when its due.
Old 08-06-2009, 10:35

Thanks Belladonna

We thought we had all th D/D s covered when we bought 6 years ago as our solicitor helped us, maybe its been cancelled by accident, who knows ?? We were advised by a resident to go to the office and pay in person where possible to save this happening again. I suppose we ll never fully understand all the differnet systems the Spanish have unless we lived there full time and spoke fluent spanish !! We have changed our bank now so hopefully no more hiccups as the halifax are wonderful in PP and everything in perfect English !

Thanks again

Pansy
Old 09-06-2009, 08:44

Council taxes always come out towards the end of October each year. If you do not have enough money in your account the Halifax will contact you if they have details to let you know and give you time to transfer funds. I think they get 5days in which to pay.
Old 09-06-2009, 09:15

Council Tax, had a problem myself had to go to the office in Pollensa to sort
it out. The new office is along from the Cloisters keep this building on your right
and turn right and first left (sorry don't know name of the road) the office has
a glass front and is on the left it is very modern !
Old 09-06-2009, 17:40

Quote:
Originally Posted by pansy potter View Post
Thanks Belladonna

We thought we had all th D/D s covered when we bought 6 years ago as our solicitor helped us, maybe its been cancelled by accident, who knows ?? We were advised by a resident to go to the office and pay in person where possible to save this happening again. I suppose we ll never fully understand all the differnet systems the Spanish have unless we lived there full time and spoke fluent spanish !! We have changed our bank now so hopefully no more hiccups as the halifax are wonderful in PP and everything in perfect English !

Thanks again

Pansy
We thought we had everything covered by direct debit too, and then this tax hit us. I am still not sure whether it is a new tax or the previous DD got cancelled.
Old 12-06-2009, 15:07

I know time has passed since my first post on this subject, but now we are in Mallorca I can tell you that the name of our "dirty water tax" is Taxe de Clavegueram - paid to Ajuntamente D'Álcudia
Old 12-06-2009, 15:41

Hi Alcanadakid
Thank you so much for digging up the name of the tax, we re not out until August but will email the bank to see if this one is set up on our account.

Cheers !

Pansy
Old 15-06-2009, 14:11

Hi Pansy,
It maybe just an Alcudia tax. Not sure where you are based, but if it is in Alcudia then there is a Ajuntamente office next to the Vodaphone shop.If you go in there then they will tell you all about taxes on your property -paid and unpaid.It is also the place to pay. They are very helpful and speak English.
Old 15-06-2009, 14:29

Hi Alcanadakid

We are in Llenaire so its Pollensa council office, it used to be near Plomer on the opposite side next door to a gym or aerobics studio but they have moved to somewhere near the pharmacy I believe not looked yet as we were on our way back to the airport. If its the same sort of place as in Alcudia it would be very helpful to have a list of taxes to take to the bank to check.

Many Thanks !

Pansy
Old 16-06-2009, 18:09

Hi Pansy,

We pay 5 taxes in all - 3 for the property, one for the car and one for the non resident tax.

The three for the property are:-
Recaptacio Tributs Caib IBI - the council tax
Recaptacio Tributs Caib Arbitris - the rubbish tax
Recaptacio Tributs Clavegueram - the dirty water tax

The one for the car is:-
Recaptacio Tributs Cais ICV

All these are paid to Alcudia

The non resident tax "IR No residentes patrimonio" has changed this year and for us it is only 25% of previous years. This is paid to Ministerio De Economic Y Hacienda

I hope this helps
Alcanadakid
Old 16-06-2009, 22:23

Hi Alcanadakid

How kind of you to go to all this trouble listing the various taxes, I really appreciate it and know it will help others who are not sure what taxes are due and what they are for.

I have copied the info into our apartment file and will check our bank details tomorrow.

Once again thank you for all the trouble you have gone to in this and your previous posts

Best Wishes

Pansy
Old 17-06-2009, 12:03

Hi Pansy,

It's my pleasure. Only pleased to be of assistance.

Alcanadakid