Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Water heater (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/4401-water-heater.html)

sonya 19-03-2009 00:44

Water heater

Hello

We need to replace our electric water heater....can anyone advise best place to buy.

Thanks

Sonya

ray 19-03-2009 20:31

water heater

Best to go to one of the local plumbers or electricians rather than an "electrical appliance"showroom, usually cheaper that way

El Gordo 20-03-2009 00:19

We got Paul from Premier Property Services, 971 540 423, or 676 128 155 to replace ours last year. The water was not hot enough and ran out while we showered!!

He advised me to buy the tank myself at Millar on corner of Vincenc Buades / Xaloc, I think he had already searched out the best price.

We replaced a 100l with a 150l which required the feed pipes to be altered in the wall. I was quite a big job. I think the tank was about 300E and the parts and labour came to 200E.

The water temperature is fantastic, we have to be careful we don't scald ourselves. We now have no problems of it running out.

Belladonna 20-03-2009 11:50

Thats interesting GL, I will have to check ours. We have had it changed in the past two years, but cant remember who by. Although it is bigger, we can still only manage two showers with certainty of hot water, but Im not sure our utility room can take a larger tank - thats something that needs to be looked at before ordering!

pollensa 20-03-2009 11:55

Ours was replaced a few years ago for a larger one - it was organised by our property management company so I don't know who it was.

However what was useful is that the element can now easily be replaced as this needed doing a few months ago. Apparently this is quite common as the water is very hard so the element cakes up. So do try & get a model with a replaceable element.

Gommar Goffer 20-03-2009 12:06

For those of you with two or more bathrooms it might be an idea to consider putting in seperate heaters for each bathroom (space permitting) so you do not have the issue of running out of hot water

Just thought I'd throw that one in as it seems half relevant:)

GG

Belladonna 20-03-2009 14:42

Have checked on ours and we did change from a 100L to a 150L. However, we cant have more than one in the apartment, although we do have 2 bathrooms. The electrical input is also a consideration. We have to be careful that we dont have the a/c on, the water heater being used, and a hairdryer or kettle all being used at the same time! It soon lets us know theres not enough electrical input to take it all!:o

sonya 20-03-2009 15:58

Thanks for advice, one shall look into it when over in april.

Sonya

Gommar Goffer 20-03-2009 16:24

Belladonna - I know how you feel! Trying to work out what it was that tripped the switch each time! It's why I haven't done the Air Con yet because I know the whole place will need to be rewired - 0uch!!

RobnAnna 23-03-2009 21:50

hi Sonya,as mentioned already we would recommend Milar as well they were first class.They arrived when they said and got the job done quick,even threw in a free cap.Unlike here in the UK I have always felt comfortable with the local workmen in PP.

Smiddy 24-03-2009 14:44

Water Heaters

I've had the present one for over 10 years, it packed up about 3 yrs ago but our freindly local plumber believes in rescueing rather than simply scrapping the existing one. He diligently cleaned out the element, think it was around 50 euros for the labour. Unfortunately, i can't remember his name, although the moral is don't just accept the "throw it away" merchants. We've had the apt. for 15 yrs and this is only the 2nd heater.

Zapper 24-03-2009 16:05

Water Heater

Woke up this Sunday morning.
Water all over the kitchen floor.
Water heater dripping from one of the elements.
Trip switch tripped.

Felt like a new water heater job!

Monday morning went in to Serveis Electrics (Next to the petrol station.)
"I will try to get someone to you today"
4.30p.m. young technician arrived. Thoroughly checked over the water heater and the installation, including the electricity box. He explained that it could be an expensive job or he could simply disconnect the faulty element.
The heater would work, but it would be slower!
I chose to try the cheap option, and so far the heater is fine.

The moral of the story? Make sure you definitely need a new water heater!

Cheers!

Zapper:)

sonya 10-04-2009 22:06

Water heater sorted!

Hi

Job done! simply needed new heating element and a clean a fraction of the price of a new water heater! so for future reference should anyone need a reliable english speaker plumber who also serves a great meal seek Danny one half of the twins! from L'olivera's.

Sonya

whaleywanderer 11-04-2009 08:20

Quote:

Originally Posted by sonya (Post 29276)
Hi

Job done! simply needed new heating element and a clean a fraction of the price of a new water heater! so for future reference should anyone need a reliable english speaker plumber who also serves a great meal seek Danny one half of the twins! from L'olivera's.

Sonya

Hi Sonya

Do you have a phone number for Danny? Always good to have details of reliable contractors.