Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-03-2009, 23:32
Under Moderation

Default Residencias

Hello all,
we really need some advice and would very much appreciate any help!
We are employed as onsite housekeepers and are looking for a way to pay our taxes as residents, only problem is that to get our residencias we have to produce a work contract. We dont have a spanish contract as our employer is in england but we will have a written contract of sorts signed by both parties. Will this be enough to apply?
any info on this will be much appreciated!
thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 07-03-2009, 10:08

Question Residencias

Why do you have to produce a contract to get a residencia?

The only things you require are: an NIE number, your passport (and a copy), and the 6.70€ fee.

I went with a friend a few weeks ago and it was relatively simple.
You go to the Oficina Unico de Extranjeria on Calle Ciudad de Queretaro in Palma in the morning.(Europeans in the morning)
You are given a form to present at the bank.
You go round the corner to the bank and pay your 6.70€ (after standing in the queue.)
You go back to the office, get a number, wait for a bit, and when your number is called, present your form stamped by the bank (providing evidence you have paid your fee), together with your passport and NIE number form.
You then get a very anonymous piece of paper (no photograph) which is your residencia.

SUDDEN THOUGHT!................Do you mean "residencia" or are you talking about "empadronment", where you have to register with the local town hall, and pay local taxes etc???
If this is the case, I understand that you have to produce deeds to a property, to prove that you are resident, or a contract of employment to prove that you are employed legally, locally.
I found that the representative of the council who comes into the Port and can be found in the building that holds the health centre, the police and library (near the swimming pool) was very helpful, and has access to the appropriate council departments. At least they should be able to clarify your contract situation.

Sorry to go on a bit!

I hope this is useful.

Cheers!

Zapper

Last edited by Zapper; 07-03-2009 at 12:04.
Old 07-03-2009, 15:54

Hi Zapper. You seem to know loads about the system. Do you know which days the rep from the council is in the Port Office. I need to go down to pay my council tax for the first time but am only around on Thursday and Friday on my next visit.
Old 07-03-2009, 18:39

Wow!! Not long winded at all Zap - very informative.

Could Zapper be our new adviser for everything Bureaucratic!!

What a good resource for us who struggle to understand even with our lawyers!! handling things.

Sometimes I think its made to sound more difficult than it is to keep us paying fees!!

Looking forward to more of your posts.

My FlickR Photos
Old 07-03-2009, 22:20

Default Council rep in PP

Hi

We had to see the council rep on the day she was in PP and I remember it was a Wednesday because I was worried we would take too long and miss the market
Old 08-03-2009, 01:09

Thumbs up

I love it pp... u got the priorities rite !!!!!!!!!!!

Miriam
Old 09-03-2009, 09:50

Hi if you own a property and are resident you also need to take a copy of the empadronment with you to get your residencia. The form you need to complete can be downloaded to save filling it in when you are there. Also the bank only takes the money on Tuesday and Thursday between 0900 and 1030. Hope this adds to what Zapper posted.Due to some computer problems I cannot access the link at present but will post when sorted.

Last edited by lollipop; 09-03-2009 at 09:51. Reason: spelling error
Old 09-03-2009, 10:32

As promised the link to the site for application from to apply for residencias.

http://www.map.es/servicios/servicio...nt_es/EX16.pdf
Old 10-03-2009, 09:15

Smile Getting A Residencia

Here I am again!
I have checked with people who have applied for a residencia in Palma very recently.
They tell me that they only had to produce their NIE number and passport (and pay the fee).

Advice about applying for a residencia has appeared in a number of Newsletters of organisations in the area.
The ESRA Newsletter had the following advice, and people have been following it and getting their residencias!

Obtaining or renewing a "Residencia" is now much easier than it used to be. All that is required is a NIE number, your passport, a copy of your passport and the payment of the 6.70€ fee.

No more fingerprints, photographs, proof of income and long forms etc. And no stairs to climb, no long waits and there's even convenient parking.

Only you or a designated lawyer can obtain the new "certificate" but it is an easy process. You go to the office, La Oficina Unica de Extranjeria, Calle Ciudad de Querétaro s/n, 07006, Palma, complete a very easy short form, provide the documents referred to above and you will leave with the certificate. European Union members are processed exclusively in the mornings, all others in the afternoon.

One inconvenience - the processing office will not accept money; thus, one must walk round the corner a couple of blocks away to pay through a bank and obtain a receipt to show the processor.

Cheers!

Zapper
Old 10-03-2009, 09:36

Hi,I am only going from personal experience and when we got ours last year and a friend I went last week and both times copies of our empadronment were taken from us. Also although we paid E6.70 she was charged E10 ?? It is always better to take too much than have to return.
Old 10-03-2009, 11:43

Does this mean that people who own property but are not resident can apply for a 'residencia' ?

It would mean that anybody with a passport and an NIE No. would be able to enjoy the discounts given to residents (travel passes etc).

What extra taxes would you be liable for though as a resident rather than a non-resident?

Interesting
Old 11-03-2009, 01:06

I think you have to spend more than 183 days in spain and become a resident for all tax purposes.

My FlickR Photos