Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-03-2009, 23:35
Under Moderation

Default Any Podiatry/Chiropody in Majorca/Mallorca?

Hi
I am a 2nd Year Podiatry Student researching the job opportunities that may exist on the lovely island of Majorca/Mallorca. This has been my goal since starting a Science Access course to gain entry to University a few years ago. I consider that I am now half way past my term and need to research a bit more for the sake of my family.

I have two children (6yrs and 8 yrs) who have over the years been nurtured to moving to Spain. They already mix well with all nationalities and love languages and know 'some' Spanish, French and German. It certainly wouldn't take them long to 'fit in' with a normal state school. They love the island of Majorca where we have spent many holidays and we hope to go again in July this year, but with the idea of travelling around the island checking out possible places to set as a home base.

We plan to move out in the summer/autumn 2010. We will rent out our home in England and rent out in Spain. We have saved and have funds to cover us for two years to get established. Ideally I would like to work at a practice or rent a room in a clinic. I guess I would be looking mostly at Expats as clients as my Spanish is (at the moment) quite basic. I don't think I could count a years' evening class to amount to fluency.

My husband I guess will be a househusband or maybe chauffeur if mobile/domicile work is clearly evident.

Does anyone have any advice they feel would be beneficial to me? Thanks in advance!
Poddie
Sponsored Links