Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 27-02-2009, 10:05

Default Living with children in Mallorca

At the moment have kind of feet in both countrys, live in the UK and luckily have a house in Pollenca.. thinking of getting out of the Rat race of the Uk and move permantly to mallorca.. only kind of problem is that really worries me is education.. daughter is due to start senior school in September here in the Uk and it is a really good school..I know in my mind that education prob isnt everthing as who is to know in ex amount of years when she comes out at 16 and maybe doesA levels , UNI etc and thats if she goes down that route..whether she would get a job at the end of it all.. as I think at the moment the UK getting worse and cant see an end to this recession..... the outrage expence at UNi costs,,, (got another daughter iin her 3rd year)..And as the age she is now I cant just put her in a local school as of the languagebarrier...I wouldhave to put her in a English school.. which would be Palma way.As pollenca is quite far from the international schools feel thatI could be isolating her from friends etc.Has anyone done this..or had regrets.. any advice welcome
Sponsored Links
Old 27-02-2009, 19:59

I 'think' there is a private school opening in Pollensa next school year which will concentrate on English, Spanish and Catalan, and I have a feeling that they can do GCSE's there as well as the Spanish equivalent. I had information about the school, but I felt it would just be too expensive to send my son (as he would only be 6). Think it would work out at about 500 ish euros a month. Sorry to be ignorant, but how old are your kids? There seem to be quite a few older English children who start school here and pick up the language really quickly.
Old 28-02-2009, 15:39

one child of 11, starting senior school in september , but i heard about school in pollenca bit i think its just up to like infant age .. maybe 6..
Old 28-02-2009, 16:20

Default school

new trilingual school for Pollensa is for kids from 6yrs up to 18yrs. See article in Talk of the North issue dated Feb 11, page 7 (see the website Talk of the North) for full details
Old 28-02-2009, 18:34

thanks for the link but couldnt get to page 7
Old 28-02-2009, 20:14
Founder

Quote:
Originally Posted by moosey View Post
thanks for the link but couldnt get to page 7
See Talk of the North: totn feb11-25, 2009, p7&8