Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Electricity Bill (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/4329-electricity-bill.html)

Mariquita 25-02-2009 00:25

Electricity Bill

We have just checked our bank account and found that Endesa has taken 166.40 euros from our account for electricity for just one month.

Looking on other websites it would appear that there is a huge outcry at how Endesa has carried out its billing this year.

You may want to check to see what your latest charge has been.

See link to article below
Spain's shocking power scandal

pollensa 25-02-2009 00:39

That sounds crazy. How much is your bill normally? Ours has rarely gone over 100 EUR for 2 months. Our bills are also monthly now & I've checked the last one & it was about 27 EUR. I have got access to them online but I haven't got around to comparing the usage & rates to previous months.

I did notice that the Jan bill was an estimate & the Feb one was an actual reading.

When I get the chance I'll post the link to their online site as it is in English as well!

James 25-02-2009 12:56

Endesa Electricity Bill

That's nothing... Endesa have just taken over 200 Euros from my account for the power to my apartment last month and I've not actually been there since New Year's Day!

I'm heading back out to PP tomorrow so hopefully the bill will be in my post box and I can find out what on earth is going on. It's pretty outragous. :mad:

alcanadakid 25-02-2009 19:07

Just checked ours and the January bill was normal at €58 and is for two months.

Gommar Goffer 25-02-2009 19:22

Apparently they are switching everyone over to monthly DD on montyh being estimated the following one read. I think probably if you have a high bill it was estimated and should adjust itself on the read bill. Still a blooming shock and cheek! :mad:

GG

El Gordo 26-02-2009 10:25

I wondered why I got a bill in December and then a one in Jan!! I thought they had under billed me for December!! Thanks for the clarification.

However, I think its a bit of a cheek taking money out of your account without notifying you in advance, especially large sums that could throw you into the red!! if thats possible in Spain? Or may the banks have refused and you therefore get cut off.

Its very handy being able to check your bills/bank account online.

The link to TypicallySpanish site was very useful Mariquita, thanks.

Interested in the link to Endisa

pollensa 26-02-2009 10:40

This is the link I use https://www.gp.endesaonline.com which should go to the logon screen in English but you'll also see a link to sign up. You will need the details from a recent bill e.g. contract number, DNI/NIF etc.

I also read somewhere that there is a telephone number for an English operator. I've found this number on the site: 902 52 58 52.

Mariquita 26-02-2009 11:05

Our bill is usually around 30 euros per month so the 166 euros is way out.

I emailed our bank in Mallorca to see if anything could be done and they rang back to say that it had happened to many people with some bills over 300 euros for the month. Apparently Endesa is supposed to return the money over the coming months!!

El Gordo 26-02-2009 14:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by pollensa (Post 28054)
This is the link I use https://www.gp.endesaonline.com which should go to the logon screen in English but you'll also see a link to sign up. You will need the details from a recent bill e.g. contract number, DNI/NIF etc.

I also read somewhere that there is a telephone number for an English operator. I've found this number on the site: 902 52 58 52.

Thanks very much Pollensa, very useful

lollipop 26-02-2009 14:24

There is an article in the Daily Bulletin today to say that Endesa will have to make refunds to thousands of customers as when they billed after reading the meters they charged at the new rate and some should have allowed for the fact that some was before the price rise. Rebates before the 1st April!!!
All customers contracted for 10kw or less will get monthly bills.

Belladonna 26-02-2009 15:18

We did receive a letter a couple of months ago, but guess what - this dimwit didnt get round to translating it properly! ;) I started to but assumed it was something to do with new works being carried out. Then the letter has somehow not come back to light when we got back home. Back out in a couple of weeks so will check the post for further letters!

ryansclan 26-02-2009 17:13

Which Endesa office do most people use? Is it the one in Alcudia town on the old main street (Inside an Elecrical retail shop)?

alcanadakid 27-02-2009 19:21

I spoke too soon, we have also been billed with a large amount this month.

Sharonh 28-02-2009 13:58

Hi

I don't know what we have been charged as I am not out until April but most people seem to be talking about significant increases to their bills. Surely a price rise, which appears to have been wrongly applied, can't be the sole reason for the increases, unless the price rise was for a significnat amount like 100% or 200%.

Has anyone managed to contact Endesa?

I have copied the article in todays Majorca Daily Bulletin below. You will see it is saying that a form has to be sent to Endesa before the next bill is due.

Regards

Sharon

Quote:

Councillor’s fury at inflated power bills issued by ‘banana republic’ electricity supplier
By Brett Gibbons

PALMA
POWER company Gesa has been accused of providing a “Third World service not fit for a banana republic,” by Calvia councillor Kate Mentink.
Angry consumers besieged the electricity suppliers Santa Ponsa office this week after receiving over-inflated estimated bills demanding excessive amounts of money from householders. “It is a scandal,” said the councillor. “It is a service that would not be tolerated in the Third World or a banana republic.” She said she would be meeting Mayor of Calvia Carlos Delgado in an attempt to put pressure on the power firm and take action to prevent another shock for bill payers when the next electricity accounts are sent out.

Councillor Mentink said the estimated bills were higher than the amount that should have been charged for the amount of power used by householders. In some cases, this had resulted in people’s payment cheques not being honoured by banks or large amounts of money being taken out of customers’ accounts though the direct debit system. “The bills have been for amounts five or six times what is normally used in some cases,” she said. “In most cases bills are at least twice what is normally paid.” Councillor Mentink said she visited Gesa’s Santa Ponsa offices and found just one member of staff on duty to deal with the host of complaints from furious customers. She said letters of complaints had also been sent by angry residents to her Foreign Citizens’ department at Calvia Town Hall.

Gesa has promised to refund any over payment for customers, but only if they submit a reclaimation compensation demand before their next bill is issued. “I would advise people to take their bills to the Gesa offices in Santa Ponsa. It is shocking that citizens of Calvia have to suffer this appalling service - especially after the problems with the company over the last few months,” added Councillor Mentink.

pollensa 28-02-2009 15:18

I find it really odd that some of us appear to have had fairly accurate bills - we had an estimate in Jan & an actual reading in Feb - but that a lot of you have had these inflated bills for 200 EUR.

Has anyone else had a reasonable bill? Might this be affected by how easy the meters are to read? I think that in the past ours has always been read every 2 months. This is the first estimate we've ever had this Jan. That bill was for 13.21 EUR folowed by 27 EUR in Feb.