Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Car registration (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/4209-car-registration.html)

Martin K Smith 11-01-2009 22:09

Car registration

Hi, I am taking a british registered vehicle to mallorca and intend to keep it there in one of the airport car parks whilst I am not there, If I have to register the car with Spanish plates I will but I have heard that its only if you are resident on the island that you need to do this, I have also heard that you have to do this after 6 months dis regarding wether you are reisdent or not. Does anyone know which is correct. thankyou in anticipation of your answers.

sandy 12-01-2009 09:17

We are going to drive our left hand drive car down to PP in April. We bought it a few months ago, as we were informed that you have to have owned the car for 6 months to avoid paying import tax. Even as a non-resident, if you're leaving the car on the island, you may have to register it in Spanish plates for 'MOT' and insurance purposes (although MOT is only required every 2 years rather than annually).

I'm sure there are others out there who can add to this, but that's the general gist I'm given to understand.

Gommar Goffer 12-01-2009 13:18

Hello Martin

although I have not investigated the registration side of things keeping a car parked at the airport is something I have toyed with. What are the annual parking costs?

alcanadakid 15-01-2009 22:55

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 27162)
Hello Martin

although I have not investigated the registration side of things keeping a car parked at the airport is something I have toyed with. What are the annual parking costs?

Park Plus costs €828 per year. This is floors 5 and 6 of the carpark attached to the terminal.
I am not sure whether they have space available. For the last two years they have been oversubscribed, but recently we notice that there is a lot of space and the sign saying subscriptions full has been taken down.

lollipop 16-01-2009 16:09

Car registration

The reason the signs may have been taken down is that the long stay parking has moved to a site just off the airport,probably opposite Park and Fly,not sure if prices have changed.

Martin K Smith 17-01-2009 13:15

Hi the price at park and fly is 600 euros per year.

alcanadakid 17-01-2009 17:31

Quote:

Originally Posted by lollipop (Post 27214)
The reason the signs may have been taken down is that the long stay parking has moved to a site just off the airport,probably opposite Park and Fly,not sure if prices have changed.

Park Plus is still there on the 5th and 6th floors of the car park attached to the terminal. We used it this week.
I suspect that many of those using it were working for companies at the airport and which have either gone bust or scaled down, hence the empty spaces It is advertising their 2009 prices on the lower floors.