Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-01-2009, 16:44

Default Schools in Mallorca

So we have finally given up on the UK nad are now thining of moving to Pollensa full time. New poster n here as Ithink we will need all the help we canget.

First question - what are he schooling arrangments fo kids on the island? I think there are a couple of international schools in Palma? We have 2 kids aged under 10 so this needs to be priuority number 1.

Any advice wouldbe appreciated. Also any ideas on where to live or best access to the schools year round, maybe with a small crash pad in Pollensa for weekend/summer use
Sponsored Links
Old 08-01-2009, 19:30

The only thing I would suggest you consider is that if the kids go to the International School they will not have any friends in the Pollensa area and you are continuing an `english life´. I know people do speak highly of the schools and your childrens education has to be a priority but this is not really integrating the children into Spain . . . my girls went to a nuns run school La Pureza in Inca - an excellent school but even this isolated them from the locals in Pollensa a little. There is a local council run activity school during the summer and I also believe that the International School runs summer programmes also. Maybe someone who uses these schools can give you more idea but consider how much you want to integrate with the locals before making your decison. The children are like sponges and shall pick up language very quickly. good luck.