Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Cost of living in PP (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/3538-cost-living-pp.html)

susiejb 19-07-2008 16:56

Cost of living in PP

Hi
With recent increases in utility bills in the UK.
I was wondering how this compares to living
in PP.
What would the average Council Tax, Water
Rates, Gas and Electricity be per year in PP.
Hope someone can let me know.
Thank you.
Sue.

bevgt 20-07-2008 23:54

yep i would be really interested to and to see how prices compare with mainland have family that live there.So come on you lucky lot that live there please reply.

The Wob 22-07-2008 06:00

I would need to dig out the paperwork that never gets sorted out but my gut feeling is that utilities are about 2/3 of what we pay in the UK and council tax/rates/community charges are about 1/2. This was back in the good old days of 1.45 Euros/£, but still cheaper even today.

However, I am comparing a draughty old Victorian house to a modern apartment so maybe not the best measure.

I am happy to be corrected on this estimate!

ps the weather is perfect here at the moment, so no need for the aircon I am glad to say.:)

whaleywanderer 22-07-2008 10:12

[QUOTE=The Wob;22995]

ps the weather is perfect here at the moment, so no need for the aircon I am glad to say.:)

Hi Wob - Is this the weather in Surry or Majorca????

susiejb 22-07-2008 19:40

Thanks 'The Wob' for your reply - a bit vague but interesting!
Hopefully I will still receive a few more replies to my posting in
order to end up with a good comparison.

susiejb

Mariquita 23-07-2008 09:14

For a three bedroom apartment we pay per annum:

- Community charges 940 euros
- Water 83 euros
- Rates 195 euros
- Refuse 138 euros
- Gas 75 euros
- Electricity 60 euros

We don't have air conditioning or central heating

shotokan 24-07-2008 13:08

... mate of mine lives there and rents at a good inclusive rate annually.
He says that the savings he makes in all his bills (including food and alcohol!)almost
funds the rental... in our case our wine bill variation would probably do it!

Gotta make sense!... my gameplan is to rent long term when I hit the 55 mark! (unfortunately that's 10 years away!)

bevgt 24-07-2008 23:12

sorry might have had too much to drink but are they bills for a quarter ir yearly bills

pollensa 25-07-2008 10:09

We have a 3 bed appartment but only visit several times a year so some bills won't be relevant for living full time but to give you an idea:

Annual Bills

Community Charge (applies to all apartments) 600
Water (we have irrigation system for tiny garden!) 150
Rates & Rubbish 465

We don't use gas & have electicity for hot water, aircon/heating & the bills differ a lot depending on whether we are there when it's hot so I won't list those.

Hope that gives you some idea.

SENOR CIGAR 25-07-2008 13:36

Cost Of Living In Pp

Something to be remembered if you own a property is the annual wealth and income tax which is payable even if you do not let out your property.
This year the ratable values have all had their 10 year ajustment which has increased my value by 300% and most others are similar I believe.
This year my bill for a 3 bed apartment is nearly 700€ plus the filing fee from the accountant or solicitor who must do this for you which will cost 50€ to 70€ per person .
If anyone lets their property they are supposed to pay 25% of the GROSS rental income to the authorities within 1 month of receiving it .No deductions are allowed for any mortgage, rates community fees electricity etc.!!
The Senor.

pollensa 25-07-2008 14:39

Wealth Tax (Impuesto de Patrimonio) has now been abolished as from year 2008 (payable in 2009). You will still have to pay annual income tax (even if no income!) if a property owner.:rolleyes: