Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-05-2008, 08:05

Default running a bar/bistro

yep its everyones dream to live in mallorca, even better if you can make a living here. Since we opened our bar we have had all sorts of problems to get over.Example of this is as follows

In the middle of the afternoon I have run out of gas for my beer. So I have no choice I have to go to san miguel and change it. ( I never thought of checking the spare bottle until it was to late. ANyway there I am runnuing down the hill with a gas bottle on my shoulder. Sweating pints. Get to the car drive like stirling moss to san miguel. I pay €50 for gas and head home. All smiles until I turn on the gas and find they have sold me an empty bottle. So off I go again running down the hill with a gas bottle etc. I get to San miguel and they say no way. I say suit your self I am staying here until you replace the bottle and then I say ok rip out your kit from my bar. Ahhhhh that worked I got a spare as well.

Then one sunny afternoon a strange looking lady plonks herself down on our terrace. and demands a beer. I say t o my partner weird lookiing woman that. She calls me over and says can I give her a light I oblige and she strokes my hands. So I go next door and ask my spanish neighbour teach my a few lines of spanish so I can evict this woman. She looks over and laughs and says thats no woman its a man. He/ she is well known round here.

I am a plumber really and I am doing my best to do my job out front serving. And I must say I am enjoying it. But the hardest is when people walk past your place go in next door and have a breakfast. For god,s sake he cooks square eggs . TRUE !!!!!!

smiles and says to myself... oh here comes another customer
Sponsored Links
Old 06-05-2008, 09:46

welshbeef wheres your bar?
Old 06-05-2008, 13:26

Default Where is your bar exactly!!!

Hey there,

Where is your bar?? I may just go and get my brreakie when Im over in July / August lol!!

I considered going out to work in PP a couple of years ago and still would its just its seasonal and i couldnt jack in my job i love for a few months and have nothing in the winter.

But im sure things will be better soon
Old 06-05-2008, 15:36

Default I love it here

I love it here but the bar is in santa ponsa......hehe. Thats why I never mention the name. Because this is a pollensa forum.
Old 07-05-2008, 09:20

Default Santa Ponsa

Ive been there too...

Have to say love Pollensa more tho lol
Old 07-05-2008, 10:17

Ive been there too and so do I
Old 07-05-2008, 13:16

Default where ever I lay my hat

hehe. yep I guess you do like pollensa more. But for me its wherever I am I like most.

I spent time working in Gibralter, Vigo spain, france and 5 years in New york, 3 years in Virginia. And yet if I am asked which is best I would say here in mallorca. Because when I finish work and I go home and open the doors up on my balcany I look over the bay and think I am in paradise.

Mind you the only thing I liked in new york was the interstate out of there Lol