Puerto Pollensa Travel Guide
Before You Go
Package Holidays
Latest Special Offers!
All-Inclusive Hotels
Hotels & Aparthotels
Private Villas/Apts to Rent
Villa Companies
Local Rental Agents
Car Hire
Airport Transfers & Taxis
Travel Insurance
Late Deals!
Holiday Shopping
Background Info
Events & Fiestas
Climate & Weather
Art & Culture
Flora & Fauna
Discussion Forum
Once You're There
Airport Directions
Tourist Information
Eating Out
Buses & Trains
Music & Entertainment
Excursions & Days Out
Shopping & Markets
Walking, Cycling
Boat Charters
Market Place
Boats & Yachts
Property For Sale
Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 07-04-2008, 10:37
Join Date: Apr 2008
Posts: 1
Question Does the town hall require foreigners certificate?

Hi all,
I need some help and quick. Can anyone tell me for certain if to get on the padron in puerto pollenca do i have to queue in palma and get this cetificate that parts of spain have now replaced instead of the residencia.
I know one area you have to have this before the townhall will put you on the padron and your children have to be included before they can go to school.
The parts of spain that require this the schools are very strict on or you cannot register your children in the school,unless of course its private school in which case they just want your money and everything is easier.
Please help because i have the opportunity to do it where i am now on the mainland paying someone to queue but my funds are low with my planned move, i could really do without it.
My child needs to go to school asap when we arrive.

Thanks x

Last edited by LovingSpain; 07-04-2008 at 10:43.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 07-04-2008, 13:53
frito's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Puerto Pollensa
Posts: 243
Default Empadronado

Please don't quote me on this, BUT when I applied, it was pretty simple.

I think that you will need

1. The application form.

2. Some form of identity, for yourself and members of the family, so passports, NIE etc. (Just to prove that you are who you say you are!)

3. Some form of proof of where you live, either your escritura or your rental agreement. (Just to prove you live where you say you do.)

Pep Maria will be of help. He has an office above the medical centre in the Port. He is there in the mornings and can help with most council matters.

I hope this is useful.

Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2008, 18:50
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Port de Pollenša
Posts: 561

I am not clear what your question is as it seems to mention two different types of certificate. To be `patronada┤in Pollensa you have to be living here (not on mainland) and as Frito says I think it is right that you have to prove where you are living by producing a rental contract or your house deeds along with proof of who you all are.
The residencia is totally different but if you obtain/apply in Spain I suppose they may wish that you go to Palma to change your address on the certificate as I think it may be a legal requirement that you always advise them of any changes. Why not call the Town Hall of Pollensa and ask them to ensure you have all the papers you require. Good luck with your move to Mallorca.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:45.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011