Puerto Pollensa Travel Guide
Before You Go
Package Holidays
Latest Special Offers!
All-Inclusive Hotels
Hotels & Aparthotels
Private Villas/Apts to Rent
Villa Companies
Local Rental Agents
Car Hire
Airport Transfers & Taxis
Travel Insurance
Late Deals!
Holiday Shopping
Background Info
Events & Fiestas
Climate & Weather
Art & Culture
Flora & Fauna
Discussion Forum
Once You're There
Airport Directions
Tourist Information
Eating Out
Buses & Trains
Music & Entertainment
Excursions & Days Out
Shopping & Markets
Walking, Cycling
Boat Charters
Market Place
Boats & Yachts
Property For Sale
Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-03-2008, 15:35
Sparky's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Port de Pollenša
Posts: 18,751
Default Staying for the winter

Hi i need some advice, my husband and i have been holidaying in PP for 26years, as i am retiring later this year we want spend the winter there, up to 6 months. Will we need to register with the authorties and how long can we keep the car there before changing to spanish plates? Your help would be very much appreciated .
Living the dream in PP with my glass half full. .
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-04-2008, 13:39
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Suffolk
Posts: 124

As long as you do not stay for more than 180 days you are okay to remain a UK resident and for your car to be registered, taxed and insured in the UK. You need to make sure that you do not go over this as you could be considered to be a resident in Spain for tax purposes.

You will need to notify your car insurer that you want fully comprehensive cover for Spain and you will need your insurer to issue a bail bond for the car (otherwise your car can be impounded if it is involved in an accident). We use National Farmers is they charge no extra for this sort of cover.

The other problem you may have is getting long term insurance cover for both yourselves, and for your house whilst you are away. We use the Camping and Caravanning Club as they are well geared up for this and are one of the companies to offer up to 180 days cover.

Let me know if you have any other questions as I might be able to help.
Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2008, 15:08
Sparky's Avatar
Super Moderator
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Port de Pollenša
Posts: 18,751
Default r Staying for the winter

Thanks Mariquita, thats a great help. I think we will quickly decide if PP life is for us and if so we will make the move permanent. So i might have some more questions for you later if thats ok. We will be over May3rd for 2 weeks holiday, cant wait !! Best regards to you.
Living the dream in PP with my glass half full. .
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 17:00.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011