Puerto Pollensa Travel Guide
Before You Go
Package Holidays
Latest Special Offers!
All-Inclusive Hotels
Hotels & Aparthotels
Private Villas/Apts to Rent
Villa Companies
Local Rental Agents
Car Hire
Airport Transfers & Taxis
Travel Insurance
Late Deals!
Holiday Shopping
Background Info
Events & Fiestas
Climate & Weather
Art & Culture
Flora & Fauna
Discussion Forum
Once You're There
Airport Directions
Tourist Information
Eating Out
Buses & Trains
Music & Entertainment
Excursions & Days Out
Shopping & Markets
Walking, Cycling
Boat Charters
Market Place
Boats & Yachts
Property For Sale
Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 04-03-2004, 20:41
Posts: n/a
Default Property Tax

Can anyone advise (or point me in the right direction for info) on the property tax laws for non-residents.


Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2004, 22:27
pollensa's Avatar
Join Date: May 2001
Location: Colchester, UK
Posts: 3,815

There are 2 taxes that you need to pay annually to the Agencia Tributaria & our solicitor (who organised the purchase) arranges & pays this for us. He also drew up a Spanish Will which is essential since inheritance laws are different in Spain. There is also an annual community charge that you pay to the Town Council.

The taxes are:

Impuesto sobre el Patrimonio (wealth tax)
@ 0.2% of the declared value (in the escritura) of the property (but this may depend on value of the property?)

& Impuesto sobre la Rental de no Residentes (assumed income tax)
@ 25% of nominal income which appears to be about 0.2%

Tax has to be pade by the end of the following year & declared on form 214. The tax is payable per person so for a couple each of you pays these taxes.

But it's much easier to get a solicitor or gestor to do this for you.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:59.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011