Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Sa Pobla - nice place to live ? (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/1875-sa-pobla-nice-place-live.html)

nickandsue 03-03-2004 22:34

Sa Pobla - nice place to live ?

Hello,
We are due to view some properties next week and have been told about some terraced properties in Sa pobla for sale, some 5 miles outside PP. What are your opinion's on Sa Pobla ? Would it be too far out or too quiet ? Could you realisticly still enjoy the facilities of the town ? Anyone with any opinion on this area would be welcome to comment...good or bad !!!

Nick and Sue

claireandAngus 05-03-2004 22:34

Re Sa Pobla

:D
Hello,

We have also recently moved to Mallorca from England, and have been looking for properties around P,PP and Sa Pobla etc.

I am afraid I do not know much about Sa Pobla but would be interested to now if you have found out anything more about the area.

Also how are you finding living here and where do you go in the evenings? Can you recommend anywhere?

????

JMD40 14-03-2004 00:51

Hello again. If it is any help I have lived here for 19yrs but I personally would never consider moving to Sa Pobla. Gosh, i am struggling not to sound negative when I say It is a VERY Mallorcan town which usually is not found to be attractive to the Brits. I would imagine it would take some time to be accepted by the locals there and it would be so much more limited for your children. They have a lovely market every Sunday, great San Antonio Fiesta on 17th January but thats about it!!! It is a good 15/20mins in car to Sa Pobla. Frankly, if you are new here you would be best in PP or even Pollensa Town where there are lots of friendly and familiar faces willing to give you a hand and help you find your feet. I love Mallorca and the locals but Sa Pobla is a little too `boring´for me.:evil

mallorcaboy 14-03-2004 04:02

Re sa Pobla

I have to agree that Sa Pobla is probably not a very good idea. It is a very rural type of town and to say that it is plain is charitable. However, it probably is cheaper as far as property prices.
All in all I don't think it would be anywhere on my top 20 places to live on the island

suzystew 10-08-2011 18:17

Wow just picked up these old comments ...what horrible things to say about Sa Pobla. One comment, it is very Mallorcan, I would have thought that was good as your are in Mallorca. Plain!! it has a lovely square, lots of interesting little restaurants, some beautiful buildings and a train station. I have known the area for many years and could not believe the negative comments. Admittedly they are old comments, but I think to just concentrate on P.Pollenca and Pollenca is wrong. Sorry to sound off a bit I just wanted to give another opinion. thanks.

eleanor 10-08-2011 18:43

What a boring old World if we all had the same tastes and enjoyed the same things Suzy. What is ideal for one person can be absolutely hell for another.
As you say Sa Pobla is a Mallorcan village with good things to offer. The post you refer to is dated 2004 and things change as do peoples attitudes.

It would be interesting to know if Mallorcaboy has changed his mind over the passage of time or if he still thinks the same.

Whatever - it really doesn't matter as for every person not too keen there will be someone else who will love the place.

Sparky 10-08-2011 18:56

As you say it was 7 years ago, so not really a good thing to start it up again. Also this website is really for all things PP and Pollensa related so i am going to close this thread now.