Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Curtain alterations (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/1830-curtain-alterations.html)

med777 24-08-2005 04:40

Curtain alterations

Hi PPl,

Can anyone recommend someone local (PP) who does curtain alterations ?
(and who speaks a little english would help too ! )

med

Roy and Katie 25-08-2005 03:51

I believe that Casa Sandra in Puerto Alcudia makes curtains. Not sure whether they alter them, but worth a try. She is Engish, and based opposite the Ferreteria at the other end of P Alcudia from the marina.

Go into the main car park, cross the road turn right and then hang a left - or maybe the second left and she is down there on the right.

Roy

BonysLad 30-08-2005 02:54

Re Curtains

Before Smiddy gets on his high horse, Sandra is actually
scottish !!!!!

She's great and has made all our curtains, even if she doesn't alter she will know someone who does. Well worth a try.

Highly recommended

BonysLad :D :D

smiddy 31-08-2005 06:55

curtains

for you mate next time we see you ;)

I think that there is a fabric shop/interior design shop in El Cano

med777 31-08-2005 07:00

Re: curtains

Oiiiiiiiiiiiiiii...settle down u two !

Scottish is great, ta, tho anyone rather than me has to be wonderful, I hate making curtains !...dont suppose u have a fone number for Sandra....

And thank you, both off u for the info :)

Lady Pollenca 31-08-2005 07:04

Maybe slightly off track (ha,ha curtain joke!) just wondered if anyone knows where the best place is to shop for furniture, someone recommended we go to Manacor, has anyone bought furniture from here and is there much choice?

med777 31-08-2005 07:11

Smiddy...El Cano ?

BonysLad 31-08-2005 16:26

Re curtain alterations

Med 777
Will ty and find her number.

Luv stirring you up Smiddy , what were you doing posting an item in the middle of the auld firm match a couple of weeks ago or did you let Mrs Smiddy use your password.

Will you be there early Oct ?

Lady P,

Manacor is a pretty good centre for furniture and we have bought from all sorts of places over the years.

A couple of reasonable places locally are on the way to the Port Alcudia, a shop just past Longmar the ferrateria on the left and further down towards the port on the right past the first roundabout. There is a store also in the Port in Roger de Flor a couple of hundred yards on the left from the Pharmacia which is more traditional.Also as good one as you come into Ca'n Picafort on the right.

El Corte Anglaise in Palma is extremely good and they deliver to the Port every Thursday. There is a fabulous store in Pollensa which does designer italian furniture, its on the corner on the left hand side as you come in past the school but before the big ferarreria. Its very pricy though.

Hope this helps

BonysLad :D

Roy and Katie 31-08-2005 22:11

We furnished our house almost entirely from Manacor, although we did buy a couple of things from Corte Ingles in Palma.

Like all things it depends on what you want. We bought quite a lot from Expo and from Miguel Sureda in Manacor. There is an Expo in Inca but it is about a third of the size of the one in Manacor. Most of the shops are on the Palma road in Manacor. Definately worth a visit.
Roy

BonysLad 01-09-2005 02:53

Re curtains

Hi Med 777

Sandra's phone number is (0034) 971 547878.

Can't read her address to well but I think it is

C/. Del Dofi. Edificio Provisisa

Pto Alcudia

BonysLad :D

med777 01-09-2005 03:18

Re: Re curtains

Hiya BonysLad,

Perfect timing, we are off to PP tomorrow so I will give this a lady a call tonight !

Thanx to you and all the others who offered help.

Miriam

Lady Pollenca 01-09-2005 03:32

Re: Re curtains

Thanks Bonyslad and Roy and Katie your advice is greatly appreciated, next time we're over we'll have a look at some of these shops. It isn't like shopping at home, it took us half a day to find a plug to fit a sink, nowhere in PP seemed to stock the size we needed! Thanks again any ideas on patio funiture, table and chairs?

BonysLad 02-09-2005 04:43

Re Furniture/ Hardware

Lady P,

Try Longmar , it's on the road to Puerto Alcudia on the left hand side after you turn right at the traffic lights from PP. It's an Aladin's cave for all hardware needs.

You might be amused to know on one Sunday morning several years ago when we were in our first flat I heard screaming from Bonyladette who was taking a shower. She was drying herself off and the flexi hose to the Wc had shattered and was spraying her relentlessly with cold water. No problem , even though it was Sunday morning I had replaced the pipe by lunchtime as I immediately went to Longmar.

As far as patio furniture is concerned I'd wait now til the Spring. If you want the good quality cheap plastic wipedown stuff either Caprabo or Longmar are stacked with a great assortment from March onwards. If you want more upmarket metal or wood based try the new garden centre on the left as you go into Inca or Expo just further along off the roundabout. Leroy Merlin next to Al Campo is also a good bet. I'd make do until the spring though.

Hope this helps

BonysLad:D :D

Lady Pollenca 02-09-2005 06:09

Re: Re Furniture/ Hardware

Thanks Bonyslad, thats handy to know about Longmar especially if its open on Sundays, I bet Bonysladette was relieved! I don't think we're over until feb now unless we can grab a week sometime inbetween but hopefully that garden centre will be open then and we can call in. Thanks for all your help, greatly appreciated!:rollin

Roy and Katie 02-09-2005 17:09

Re: Re Furniture/ Hardware

We would also recommend Longmar. They are very friendly and helpful. I am not sure that they are open on Sundays though. If they are it would be only the morning and in the summer. We will look next time we are there as we use them a lot. Otherwise they are open all year round Mon to Sat, and close for lunch.

While the Inca garden centre is good for plants we have always found their furniture quite pricey. Leroy Merlin is good and reasonable. Also try Expo in Inca they have a lot on the top floor, as well as furniture. If it is quality you want then that would my suggestion.
Roy