Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 26-09-2005, 03:58

Default buying furniture

Does anyone know where we can buy smart contemporary furniture either in the port or in Palma? We've taken the plunge and bought a place in PP (at last!!!) and will be coming over shortly to start furnishing it. Any recommendations very gratefully received.

Love the forum, by the way, seems really friendly.

Graham
Sponsored Links
Old 26-09-2005, 04:38

Hi Graham

We took the plunge to buy as well last year in El Pinaret ...where abouts did you?

Our apartment was sold furnished but naturally some items were not to our taste so we have replaced quite a few things! For knick knacks you cant beat Ikea in Palma but for larger items ie sofas we went to Manacor where you will find warehouse after warehouse of reasonably priced furniture. We ordered and it was all delivered to the apartment.

Have fun putting your stamp on your home in the sun...we did!!

Debs
Old 26-09-2005, 21:00

Default buying furniture

Hi Graham,

Congrats and welcome to the joys of home ownership in
PP . I know you're probably wondering what you've done like all of us at first , but you'll soon be saying that's the best thing I've ever done ( in my case, apart from marrying BonyLadette of course !!!).

Let me give you a tip, from the experience of buying and furnishing three apartments over the years, just take your time and make do until you are familiar with the layout of your new home. I've rushed in the past on a few occasions and ended up in decluttering and giving stuff away ( even left some good gear out to the mercy of the binmen !!!!).

If you want modern contemporary furniture there is a shop called Perelo ( its on the left hand side before the Renault dealer as you go into the old town after you have taken the entrance to the town past the school)
It sells beautiful modern designer italian furniture but mucho euros so unless you want a show home it might be better to look elsewhere.

You can't beat good old El Corte Anglaise down in Palma.
They deliver to the port every Thursday and they have good designs and will be cheaper than Perelo. In our present flat we had some modern glass and chrome dining furniture from them and they delivered it as promised. After struggling to put the legs on the heavy table, I got a phone call from them saying that a man was coming up in a car from Palma to assemble it for us.
Hows that for service ??

Equally some other friends of ours on buying a new flat thought it was a good deal to source from the UK and they had it all shipped out. There are regular runs by firms like White's and I believe , for a lot of stuff , it was only a few hundred pounds. well worth thinking about.

Best of luck with your new home but don't rush to furnish, you won't regret it.

BonysLad:rollin