Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-11-2005, 00:36
sonyaaa

Default setting up home

Hi from a new member, Im Sonya my partner James and our family have just purchased our own apartment in Gommar. we are of course very excited however we need some advice, we are fortunate enough to have been left some nice bits n pieces but we will need to buy a mattress, I know there is Ikea which will be great for the other beds and kitchenware we need, but the frame we have been left is not ikea size so where? any ideas, also we need to but a TV CD DVD etc can anyone recommend anywhere I am over on 30/11/05 with friends to get our apartment sorted any tips on where to eat n drink as I know many places are shut. Can't have all work and no play! One last thing I have a lovely handpainted wardrobe bit shabby chic in green and clean single bed type that has another bed underneath if anyone wants them please get in touch dont fit into my plans Adios for now!
Sponsored Links
Old 10-11-2005, 01:39
Founder

Hi & welcome to the forum.

We bought hi-fi, microwave etc. from Carrefour. As mentioned a while ago, they are good for small electric stuff but if you need to get any large white goods such as fridge, wash machine etc. buy it locally in case you need repairs. Local places such as Confort will also install stuff, remove old ones etc.

Re your articles for sale (or give away) please post these in the Items Wanted/For Sale forum - thanks.
Old 10-11-2005, 02:29
chelseadons

Default Setting up home

Hi Sonyaaa

We used confort in the port for our fridge freezer and as Pollensa says they are very helpful and will install and take old ones away. If this is a holiday home and your renting then Carrefour is the place for electrical goods.After leaving the airport there is a large outlet at the first exit off the coast road. We bought Bluesky TV, CD etc really cheap but they work fine.

We found setting up in the winter great fun. Enjoy !!

Chelseadons
Old 10-11-2005, 19:04
pops

Default Re: Setting up home

Sonyaaa

There is a furniture shop in the back of the town and I have always found the lady in there vey helpful. She may be able to help with your mattress. We bought our electrical goods from one of the local electrical shops too and they were good too.

You'll find enough restaurants in the town open at the end of Nov, but Gommar will be desserted, however occasionally Ikabana opens in the winter,I'd recommend it.

Good luck, we have had property in Gommar for many years now and love it.
Old 10-11-2005, 22:14
Snowy

Default Re: Setting up home

Will probely get ticked of for this try to eat at O Lume look under eating out plenty also La zarolous is open I am told.

Good eating
Old 11-11-2005, 07:33
sonyaaa

Muchas Gracias! for your replies looking forward to the end of the month every womens dream shop! shop! shop!
Old 11-11-2005, 09:23

Hi Sonyaaa

Congratulations on your home in the sun!

I really had a great time shopping for our apartment last year and even Chelseadons enjoyed it which is bizarre cos he hates shopping normally and I have to drag him along!

Even better is playing 'house' and getting everything to your own taste...we've spent hours and hours decorating and doing our own version of 'changing rooms', and whereas in England it seem a chore it's fun doing it in PP!

Hope you have as much fun as we did..which reminds me there's still a light fitting to go up in the kitchen Chels!!!

An added bonus is after a hard day grafting you can treat yourself to a fantastic meal and a few drinks!

Debs