Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   air conditioning (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/1803-air-conditioning.html)

cat scotland 03-05-2006 20:15

air conditioning

We want to install air con this year and would welcome any advice,Who is the best in the port? or are we better going else where ?

sandy 03-05-2006 22:59

This query also relates to mine on apartment heating. It seems the best option is to buy air con which has heating as well. So I would also value everyone's opinions on where to go for advice, buy, etc.

SENOR CIGAR 03-05-2006 23:35

HI THERE,

I HAVE OWNED 2 APARTMENTS OVER THE LAST 6 YEARS AND HAVE USED COMFORT ELECTRIC IN ZALOC SQUARE WHO ARE WELL KNOWN LOCALLY.
CLEAN TIDY INSTALLATION, GOOD FOR SERVICE AND REPAIR, ASK TO SEE MIGUEL IN THE SHOP OR HIS CHIEF ENGINEER JAMIE WHO WILL ADVISE ON SIZE REQUIRED AND BEST TYPE OF MACHINE TO BUY.
REGARDS
THE SENOR :hat :hat :hat

sandy 04-05-2006 00:18

Thanks Senor Cigar (managed to call you Senor rather Senior this time :b ). We've bought a couple of things from Confort and found them to be really helpful, so I'm pleased you've suggested them. They'll be my first stop.

cat scotland 04-05-2006 19:41

re;air conditioning

thans for the reply senor cigar,we have also bought from comfort before, it was a fridge freezer .The morning we bought it ,we headed straight back to the apt and they were already waiting for us to deliver it!

frito 05-05-2006 16:04

Air Conditioning

I have used Confort twice. The service has been excellent. The work has been done on time and to a very high standard.
Miguel and his team know what they are doing!

I hope this is useful.

Frito

smiddy 05-05-2006 17:27

Airconditioning

Just my opinion, i've been visiting PP for the last 18 years and have held a apartment for the last 13, visited at various times throught the summer/winter and apart from 1 really hot August have never felt the desire to instal a/c. I simply open the windows! As i say jusy my opinion, in case people worry a/c is a must have.

debz1 05-05-2006 18:25

Re: Airconditioning

Smiddy I agree with you. Our apartment was built 12 years ago before a/c was fitted as standard. We have put ceiling fans in all the bedrooms and have a couple of the compact portable tower fans for the living area.These look quite retro and take up hardly any space compared to the old style fans. I much prefer sleeping with fresh air blowing through the open doors (shutters shut) and the fan whirring almost silently above me! If fans are fitted / balanced properly they are brilliant, compared to some apartments we've stayed in where they shake and rattle and you lie awake thinking at any moment you're are going to be decapitated :eek

Oh and Smiddy I remember that August very well..Phew it was unbearable!!!

Debs

Belladonna 05-05-2006 18:39

Air conditioning also keeps the mozzies at bay - which cant be a bad thing! Also, fresh air is great if its cool, but sometimes you just long for some cold air - its good the have the option I suppose, and if you intend to visit during the colder months, the heating availability is yet another bonus. :)

cmcl 28-05-2006 22:38

I wished I had read this earlier. (first time post) Luckily enough we have been using Miguel in Confort who put in two a/c units into our new flat in El Pinaret last Thursday with a further two to go in this Friday. I'm not sure exactly whether they will be totally needed but with two kids and the risk of mosquitos we thought it a good option to have. Are Confort good value for money re TV's or is there a "hyperstore" near Ikea in Palma as we will be going there Fri/Sat.

debz1 29-05-2006 02:52

hi cmcl

We're neighbours as we have an apartment in El Pinaret as well!

Confort are very good value and delivered our new fridge/freezer the same day ..they almost beat us back to the apartment!

We bought smaller items such as tv and dvd player from Carrefour which is very near Ikea. Their own make Bluesky (I think?!) is very reasonably priced.

Have fun setting up 'home' :D

Debs

graham 29-05-2006 16:43

wheelchairs

My extremely aged dad is going out to PP later this year. As our place is right at the end of the Pine Walk I thought it might make sense for him to have access to a wheel chair. (he'll have able bodied friends to push him). Seem to recall seeing a hire shop near to the British Food Shop. Does anyone know whetner they hire wheelchairs and -crucially - whether the can deliver to my villa so that it's there when he arrives???

Transferred to new topic p221.ezboard.com/fpollensaforumfrm23.showMessage?topicID=447.topic as this was rather off-topic. Please start new topics for new subjects - Thank you Webmaster