Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 17-12-2005, 03:55
Paul from Hove

Default Solicitors

Hi
I'm thinking of buying an apartment in PP, if finances will allow, and am only just making very general enquiries at present.
I know that it is important to get a solicitor who has a thorough knowledge of both English and Spanish, who understands all the nuances of the language and would like to ask anyone here who has bought a property if they could advise on a suitable person / firm
Cheers
Paul
Sponsored Links
Old 17-12-2005, 05:28
Roy and Katie

Hi Paul,

We bought a villa just over a year ago. We would thoroughly recommend the lawyer we used - Tirso Tarrago. Not only was he efficient and always available, but on completion day he came with us to the bank and set up all the standing orders for the utilities and taxes, so that we didn't have to worry.
He also advised us on our Spanish wills, which was included in his price.

Even now, 16 months later he is still helping us to resolve a problem with our telephone line, and for which he has made no additional charge.

He speaks good English and took very great care to ensure that we grasped every detail. Added to that he has a very pleasant manner.

His contact details are:-
Tirso Tarrago

e-mail: tirsotarrago@tarragolliteras.com
phone: +34 666 540 728

Good luck on your purchase. It was the best thing we have ever done.

Roy
Old 17-12-2005, 06:54
pinot g

Hi Paul

We would also highly recommend Tirso Tarrago. We bought an apartment last year and I can echo all the comments made by Roy and Katie. His service is superb, he helped us with wills, tax, utilities etc. Whenever we need advice he is only a phone call away. He is excellent.

Hope this helps

Pinot G
Old 17-12-2005, 07:18
Paul from Hove

Roy and Katie & pinot g

Hi and thanks for your replies, it's nice that you have both had good experiences with this guy. My late uncle bought a property in Spain and when he came back couldn't get all of his money out - lost about £10k - so it makes you wary. Anyhow that seems like another potential problem eased, just got to get the money now . . . . !!!!

Cheers
Paul
Old 17-12-2005, 21:03

HI THERE,
A LOT OF US APARTMENT OWNERS USE ANA DE LA CRUZ.
SHE IS VERY EFFICIENT AND SPEAKS EXCELLENT ENGLISH.ANY OF THE AGENTS IN THE PORT YOU BUY THROUGH WILL STEER YOU IN THE RIGHT DIRECTION .
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PURCHASE.
:hat :hat :hat
Old 18-12-2005, 02:44
Paul from Hove

Hi Senor
thanks, another name to consider. I'm sure most of them are ok - as PP is such a great place how could they not be !!
Cheers
Paul
Old 15-04-2006, 02:04
ianines

Default Solicitors

Your recommendations are well received about Tirso Tarrago, but do either of you remember what his charges were. I am advised to beware of Spanish lawyers who charge on a per centage of the cost of the property, which of course means that the higher the market price, the higher the fee for very much the same work. Any pointers gratefully received.
Old 15-04-2006, 15:02

Default SOLICITORS

DO AS YOU WOULD IN THE UK AND ASK FOR A QUOTE IN ADVANCE.ANA DE LA CRUZ WHO I HAVE USED FOR 2 PURCHASES AND 1 SALE HAS ALWAYS BEEN VERY REASONABLE AND SHE WILL AGREE A FIGURE FOR HER WORK BEFORE YOU BUY.
DONT FORGET ALL THE EXTRAS,PURCHASE TAX,PLUS VALIA,NOTARY CHARGES ETC WHICH WILL COME TO FAR MORE THAN THE LAWERS FEES.
GOOD LUCK WITH YOUR PURCHASE YOU WONT REGRET IT.
:hat :hat :hat
Old 15-04-2006, 16:24

Default solicitors

Just to add some more praise for De La Cruz. We used Tony De La Cruz last year and he couldn't have been more helpful. Made what might have been a fairly traumatic experinece actually rather pleasurable - and Natalia (?) is an absolute joy to deal with. They quoted for everything in advance and actually charged a little LESS than the quote. Couldn't recommend them more highly.
Old 15-04-2006, 18:24

Default Re: solicitors

We agree with all praise for Tony de la Cruz..smooth operater!
Old 16-04-2006, 05:07
smiddy

Default Lawers

Can echo the praise of Tony de le Cruz. I dealt with him 14 years ago and everything went very smoothly, should be no surprises if you yourself act sensibly.

Indeed, some time later Tony refunded some money not used in the purchase. How many uk businesses would do that?
Old 16-04-2006, 13:27

Default Re: Lawers

Tony De La Cruz gets my vote as well. Even though he was not available on completion date his brother-in-law Oscar was able to step in at the last moment. Good backup from the rest of the staff especially Natalia.
Old 17-04-2006, 18:20
Roy and Katie

I have to continue my praise for Tirso. Recently we had an official notice from the local tax department saying that our pool was not registered with them and demanding an immediate response. ( All the planning permissions were granted originally, this was just the tax people) It sounded ominous. However one call to Tirso sorted the immediate threat out and we arranged a combined visit when we were there next. He came with us to the Town Hall, sorted out the problem - no it wasn't registered and we have to pay an extra €30- yes €30 per year extra tax - starting in 2008! He then went with us to another department to check when our car tax was due - which was nothing to do with him

This was 18 months after we bought our house - and no extra charges from Tirso. I can't praise him highly enough. His charge for the original purchase was the same as the quote we had from all the others.
Old 19-06-2006, 07:11
pops

Definetly would recommend Toni De La Cruz. Very honest man.

Pops
Old 03-07-2006, 03:24
James

Default Re: Lawyers

Does anybody have contact and address details for Tony De La Cruz?

I will be heading out to look at some properties in a few weeks and, if I find a place that I want to make an offer on, recommendations on here appear to place him in high esteem as the right person to instruct on the purchase.