Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-08-2006, 21:07

Default Availability of property to purchase

Hi all,

I am still looking at the possibility of buying a 2 bed apartment in PP. I have a note of all of the agents on this site, and various other web-sites. However, the supply seems limited.

Can anyone confirm whether most properties are sold by agents, or are a lot of apartments marketed privately? I assume that if so I will need to get an agent or solicitor to do some searching for me. If so, does anyone have any experience of this method?

TIA

allanglens
Sponsored Links
Old 22-08-2006, 21:16

Default PROPERTY TO PURCHASE

HI THERE,
I AM SURPRISED YOU FIND A SHORTAGE OF APARTMENTS TO BUY !
MOST ARE SOLD THROUGH AGENTS BUT THERE ARE SOME PRIVATE ONES FOR SALE ADVERTISED ON THIS SITE.
I HAVE JUST HAD A QUICK LOOK AT ONE AGENT MUNDO MEDITERRANO AND THERE ARE PLENTY OF THEM ON THEIR WEB SITE ,IN FACT OVER 60 FOR THIS ONE AGENT .
I THINK YOU WILL FIND PLENTY TO BUY .
:hat :hat :hat
Old 22-08-2006, 22:03

We purchased our apartment after I'd been looking at all the apartments and villas on this site (unbeknown to hubby at the time!) He got a bit of a shock when we arrived in PP two years ago last May to find I'd booked viewings with an agent. Two months later (and surprisingly uncomplicated legalities) we were handed the keys to our apartment

As Senor Cigar says there are hundreds on this site to look at and get an idea of what's available, prices and the all important 'location location' .

Good luck and happy hunting!

Debs
Old 23-08-2006, 00:07
Founder

Default Re: PROPERTY TO PURCHASE

I think you may find that the best thing to do is to book a trip, visit a few agents & let them take you out. You will find that as the commission rate is so high the Agents are quite protective of 'their' properties and don't like to give too much away without accompanying you.

When we bought our apartment (back in Oct 2001). We tried looking at some ourselves but then were taken out by an agent. She showed us several & the one we ended up purchasing is one that we would never have considered in the first place but as mentioned below was in our favourite location.

There is plenty of property out there but you will need to make a trip - autumn is a good time.
Old 23-08-2006, 16:54

Thanks, all.

I think I may have misled with some of my initial comments. Obviously there are a lot of properties out there on various web-sites, etc. However what i was wanting to get at was whether the numbers sold by agents are far greater / equal to / far lesser than those by 'private' sale - and if so how can you get at these from a distance. Also I meant that within the narrow parameters which I have set myself (or been set!), especially as to budget, the supply is a bit limited. I will have to change the basis of search, thats all.

Finally, Pollensa, the trip is booked - October Scottish schools week - and I will eb setting up some agents viewings prior. I know what you mean about agents - I deal in commercial property in Scotland, so am aware of the 'game'.

Thanks again,

allanglens
Old 23-08-2006, 19:04

HI THERE AGAIN,
I THINK YOU WILL FIND FAR MORE WITH AGENTS THAN PRIVATE.YOU WILL ALSO FIND MANY AGENTS HAVE THE SAME PROPERTIES OFTEN AT DIFFERENT PRICES. THIS IS OFTEN BECAUSE AGENTS WILL DISCOUNT THEIR CONSIDERABLE COMMISSION OF 5% SOMETIMES EVEN 6% AND USE THIS LEEWAY TO LURE THE BUYERS.
I HAVE BOUGHT 2 PROPERTIES BOTH THROUGH AGENTS AND WITH THE SECOND ONE THE AGENT HAD NO INSTRUCTION TO SELL UNTIL I APPROACHED HIM !
THE PRICE WAS 9,000 EUROS LESS THAN THE OTHER 4 AGNTS WHO HAD BEEN INSTRUCTED .I HAVE SOLD ONE PRIVATLY THROUGH THIS VERY WEB SITE AND WAS MOST PLEASED WITH THE RESULT WHICH WAS A VERY QUICK SALE.
:hat :hat :hat
Old 23-08-2006, 19:59

Senor

Thanks for that.

I had noted that some properties are, or appear to be, available through a number of agents, and the price differentials. 5% commission - I wonder how you get started as an estate agent in PP?!

As I say, I will be over in October, and will have a full list of inspections lined up. So we shall see!

Thanks all.

allanglens
Old 23-08-2006, 22:56

Good luck with your search Allenglens. I'm sure whatever you find will be perfect. Well, it is in PP after all!
Old 30-08-2006, 01:36
sunseeker

Hi,

As well as marketing the property with a number of agents, some vendors also put out a "Se Vende" sign and try their luck at selling privately, thus avoiding the high agent charges.

We purchased our apartment from a sign on the front gate!
It was just going on with a couple of agents and by taking the owner for a beer and a haggle, we saved 25k euros.

Have a walk around the area that you would like to buy, you never know!

Sunseeker