Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Lock your doors (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/1769-lock-your-doors.html)

diver val 24-08-2006 16:17

Lock your doors

Sorry to be the one to tell you bad news.

Just heard there has been another break-in at our complex. This one not an oportunist thief, but one that broke in and took the safe and its contents away, (money, passports) in broad daylight too. !!!

mallorcaboy 24-08-2006 21:46

Re Lock you doors

Where abouts is your complex diver val?

Belladonna 28-08-2006 07:02

Re: Re Lock you doors

Variation on a theme here. Have just got home from a week in our appartment which we rent out in LLenair. Unfortunately when we arrived, we found that pictures had been stolen from the appartment; screws included! Someone had punched a dent in the new fridge freezer, and we had a bill in for two cleaners doing an extra 5 hours cleaning as they had left it in such a state; dirty towels had been put on the kitchen floor and all the dirty crockery left there. I havent had a dishwasher installed, but the double sink is in perfect working order and everything is provided!!

Our friends gave them the perfect name - scumbags - I know you take a risk when you rent out, and we have been lucky in the past couple of years that it has just been general maintenance, but we did feel a little upset. Perhaps we arent cut out to rent.:|

smiddy 28-08-2006 19:16

Lock your doors

Belladonna, You have my sypathies, but, as you say, it's a chance you take! Personaly we would never rent our apt to anyone who is not a genuine freind, you just don't know who you are dealing with. IMO the risk is to great.
I have always gone by the advice, if you value your apartment DON'T let it out.

As for the scumbags! You get them in all walks of life. Some people can be decent at home, but loose there senses when they go abroad.
Unfortunately.

debz1 28-08-2006 22:52

bella that's terrible!! I've left you a message in you ez box :|

Debs

diver val 29-08-2006 01:09

Lock your doors

Dear Belladonna

So sorry to hear that the recent rental wasn't a good experience for you. We all hope that people renting our apartments are a conscientous as we are.

Mallorcaboy, if you are reading this, did you get my message on your private inbox (or whatever its called) ?

Belladonna 29-08-2006 16:37

Thanks for the sympathies guys and for the good advice. Will certainly consider the private renting option Debz. Seasons contract ends in October with agency so may cancel with them if the finances dont add up. Feel a lot calmer now - it could have been worse, but I dont want to take that chance!!:eek

mallorcaboy 29-08-2006 22:42

Re Lock your doors

Hi Diver val, yes I got your message and I'm pretty sure I replied to it. If I didn't please excuse my rudeness and put it down to advancing years