Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 25-05-2006, 16:39

Default The New Ring Road

There is a short piece in the Bulletin today about the new road. It shows a drawing coming off the roundabout at Caprabo, and flowing east, with three more roundabouts and opening onto the Alcudia road, just by Torrent de San Jordi.
It will take about 12 months, and have two lanes 3.5 meters each.
Sponsored Links
Old 25-05-2006, 18:25
Founder

Hi Mallorcaboy,

did it give much detail? If you, or anyone else who has a copy, can email me a scan of the drawing I can post it here for you.

Thanks.
Old 25-05-2006, 23:35
Founder

(c) copyright Majorca Daly Bulletin

We now have this which gives you a rough idea of where it is going.
Old 26-05-2006, 07:22

This still brings up the question of the old peoples home being built in Llenaire. Are they intending to build it then knock it down; or go round it; or under it; or over it????? And I have a feeling that my apartment may well be up for sale soon as well! Definately not good news for me

If anyone has an apartment in the Llenaire area and would like to leave their name on my message board, we could keep in touch with any developments we hear individually. This will also, I assume, affect Gotmar apartments?
Old 26-05-2006, 16:04

Default The Ring Road

Don't panic belladonna, I live in Llenaire and I know someone who lives at the Boquer end of the Port, and they didn't feel the new road being built was too much of a problem. Also, the road is not too busy. Once it's built I don't think it will cause us too much trouble.
As far as the Old People's Home, no work has been done that I can see. Loads of bricks were delivered, but nothing seems to have been done since.
Old 26-05-2006, 16:33

Default Re: The Ring Road

Thanks for being my comforter! Its just sad to think that the view we have from our roof terrace, which is just the field and the goats and then the mountains, will now include a road. Its obviously not going to be a really BIG road, if the measurements are correct, and hopefully they will do their usual good job of disguising with bushes at the side! Progress marches on regardless! Had a bad night thinking that we would sell up and try and find a villa further inland - would I still be able to use the PP site!! Think Ill stick it out for a while yet though!!
Old 26-05-2006, 18:38
smiddy

Default New Ring Road

Bd, Calm down, suppose we always think the worst when we see plans:eek . Like Mb says, we also live in Bouquer and the new road is at the back, can't say its caused any particular problems, and no way could it be considered a eye-sore or anything. Nothing can be done about the view, all i'd say is "keep the heid" (translations available on this website).

The people on our flats reminice about sitting watching the shepards walk the sheep up from the Formentor RD area up the Bouquer valley with their little bells ringing, but that was a long time ago and many Flats/hotels have been built to erase this view, the people are still there!

Don't want to get into a debate about the merits of the new road, but i suupose the alternative would be, as PP gets more popular the surrounding roads would become far to busy and make it very uncomfortable.
Witness the town centre/Formentor Road at the holiday peak when nothing moved and you were choking with fumes. I've also noticed our area much quieter due to construction traffic etc using the new road, as opposed to running through my front door.
Old 26-05-2006, 19:36

Default Re: New Ring Road

Will need a lot of comforting in the guise of good sangria etc when we are next out - hopefully at the same time as the rest of you! :b I dont think it will make much difference to traffic if they want to drive along the coast for a more pleasant journey though will it - just those who want to go direct to Formantor or local traffic I suppose. If the old peoples home IS built - I hope for their sakes that the hearing is a little impaired as it will be even closer for them!!!
Old 26-05-2006, 23:15

Default New Ring Road

Yes, maybe they should call it the "Deaf Old Folks Home". I would qualify already.
I have also heard that there are plans to pedestrianise the rest of the beach road in the Port, i.e. Sail and Surf down to the roundabout, but it might just be a rumour
Old 29-05-2006, 21:48
joey36

Default ring road

When will construction of this road commence?

How long will it be till completion?

Looking at the map i can see how the road will go behind El Pinaret and Llenaire but some nice villas in Gotmar will either have to be demolished or have a motorway in their front/back gardens.
Old 29-05-2006, 22:31

Default Ring Road

Don't know when it will start but the news report says it will take about 12 months.
If you look at the road that runs through Gomar away from Pinaret from where the old public pool was, all the frontages to the garden areas are a good 7 or 8 metres further forward from where the street lights are. Perhaps they have encroached onto public land. This looks like where the road may run, but this is only my thoughts, and I'm very likely to be wrong
Old 29-05-2006, 23:53
joey36

Default ring road

Thanks MB Is the road you refer to named Falco - it goes past Las Velas apartments at the end?
Still not very nice if you just happen live on that road. It will,if you are right,cut Gotmar Village in two.
Old 02-06-2006, 05:14
translatorman

Default Re: ring road

Hi Belladona

Are you in Olot? Sounds like you might be in the same building as us from the description of your view. We are also a bit unhappy about the road, but since we bought in full knowledge of the plans, we can't really complain. Just seems a bit of an odd idea to trash such a beautiful spot....

Chin up!!

Translatorman, Mrs & Junior
Old 02-06-2006, 05:58

I will just go around wearing rose tinted glasses (or is that sangria tinted?!) 8)
Old 20-06-2006, 21:25

The route runs along C de Falco(?), from the Las Velas Apts to the 'Park'.

I stayed at Las Velas last year, and the staff there confirmed that the road would run outside.

That road looks like it was always planned to be included, as the street lights are well set back from the existing carriageway. I suspect that what will happen is as with the Boquer section, there will be the main dual carriageway, and service roads fronting the villas and apartments. From recollection there are only a couple of villas that will lose part of 'their' garden, but obviously it will change the ambience a fair bit. It depends on how many of the trees are removed as part of the works.

I don't think it should make too much difference, but if anyone is looking to sell in anticipation, let me know - I'm still looking to buy!

allanglens