Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 06-09-2006, 07:29
James

Default Management Companies

I should (hopefully) complete on the purchase of an apartment in the Port in a few weeks time and I was wondering about people's experiences with different management companies and the different services they provide for both guests (welcome packs, cleaning, changing/washing sheets towels etc.) as well as general maintenance and post forwarding etc. when back in Old Blighty.

Are there any companies which people have had good or bad experiences with? What are the extent of the services they provide and what level of charges is it usual to expect?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-09-2006, 19:43

HI JAMES,
I HAVE USED IDEAL PROPERTY MANAGEMENT FOR THE LAST 4 YEARS WITH NO PROBLEM.
THEY HAVE A FULL SERVICE INCLUDING LAUNDRRY AND ARE ALL ENGLISH.
VERY EASY TO SPEAK TO AND HAVE ALWAYS SORTED OUT ELECTRICAL AND PLUMBING PROBLEMS WHEN THEY HAPPEN.
MAYBE NOT THE CHEAPEST IN THE PORT BUT YOU GET WHAT YOU PAY FOR AND AS I CANT JUST POP OUT AND FIX A PROBLEM AS I CAN AT HOME IF SOMETHING HAPPENS SO I NEED SOMEONE TO RELY ON.
THEY WILL SEND YOU ALL THE INFO RE CHARGES ETC.
:hat :hat :hat
Old 07-09-2006, 03:27

We used Imperial for about 5 years. They were great.
Old 07-09-2006, 03:40
Founder

Hi there,

Whoever you choose to use or consider, you will need to decide yourself what level of cleaning you want to provide i.e. changeover only or weekly or more often, what you want in your welcome pack etc. Think about services such as key holding for guests, 24-hour call-out, organising taxi, gardening, window cleaning etc. Make sure you know what the charges are. Many companies will provide all these services but will charge for them.

You may find that a smaller company is cheaper but this may be more risky if you are only relying on one or two people.

Most companies will make an annual charge for checking up on your property when it's empty and then will charge an hourly rate for cleaning & per item (!) for laundry. Find out in advance how many hours cleaning they would expect to do on a changeover. However they may also do an annual 'Spring Clean' at the start of the season.

Hopefully that gives you an idea what to look for.
Old 07-09-2006, 06:25
hoopy

hi, we have recently purchased a flaat in pinaret aqnd have used Ideal property for maintenance etc. So far so good. Thsy have been brilliant.
Old 07-09-2006, 17:29

Default management companies

We also use Ideal. They're great for lots of things: maintenance, organisation etc. However we've had a couple of complaints about the level of cleaning. Do any other have a view on where you can get exceptional standrds of cleaning?
Old 12-09-2006, 23:05
jesse2002

Default Re: management companies

Hi all

I think the cleaners have a bit of a hard one!
The problem lies with different people's perception of "clean".
I remember when I worked in cleaning one of the 1st lessons I learnt was that you can never please everyone, so I think that if you are pleasing about 80% you are doing well.
Also if you ask punters if all is well and they are paying top dollar then I think you are always going to get a complaint of some sort.
Anyway thats just my take on things.:rollin
Old 13-09-2006, 00:15
Founder

Based on our experience of letting out, we have found that about once a year you get someone who complains about everything. So I would only be worried if you found that you got consistent complaints.
Old 13-09-2006, 05:21
James

Thanks for all the responses.

Nobody has mentioned what level of charges to expect as a guide though. There must be plenty of absentee landlords :lol on here who use different management companies. Do most charge a flat rate and then additional sums for further services? If so what are these generally speaking?

Do companies like Ideal administer post forwarding as well as maid service cleaning and general maintenance?

Thanks.
Old 13-09-2006, 16:39

Hi all,

On this topic, and others relating to the whole process or buying /owning property in PP, perhaps what would be useful would be a FAQ section, with links to the various other areas of the website. It would also be another area for local companies to advertise, so could pay for itself.

I don't know who might be able to pull this together - I certainly couldn't as I have totally insufficient knowledge of the subject. But perhaps there is someone out there who could - and would?

allanglens
Old 20-11-2007, 07:51
pp ace

Default management companies

Hello

Does anyone know anything about a management company called Help Unlimited ? I think they also trade by the name of Metamorphasis

I would be interested in any experience anyone has of the above company.

Thank You
Old 23-01-2008, 22:35
MoMike

They ate a facilitating company. We have used them once... to replace a rusty bath and to sort out some plumbing issues in the kitchen. They used a local guy called Toni. The work was very good indeed. We had a slight issue with the bill which was eventully sorted out.

If you intend using them, have them draw up a DETAILED quote.

We will use them again.
Old 27-05-2008, 16:21

Default Management companies

Having read most of the earlier comments, I was impressed by all the positive references to Ideal. I tried to get into contact with them last year as I'd heard that they were good but they never replied to my email. What a shame! I just ran out of time and had to make a quick decision in favour of another small firm in Pollensa. This hasn't worked out at all well - a bit of a learning curve for me. As has been rightly pointed out, you need to get a detailed quote and in my case ask if the quote includes IVA (VAT) already or not. I assumed that it did and was shocked to be asked for even more money when the job was done.
Various items were also broken or went missing during the winter so I am glad to have moved on now from that agency.
I've opted for an agreement with Olimpia agency, who are in a little shop just down from Caprabo and across from the petrol station. The lady there seems very nice. Any hints or comments on their service gratefully received though!
Old 27-05-2008, 23:17

Default property management

We eventually went for IDEAL and have been very pleased with their service to date