Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 19:15

Default Car Insurance

We have had our car insured with Lineas Direct for a few years, but now realize that they are quite expensive. Can anyone recommend where I can get car insurance and where they speak English?
Sponsored Links
Old 05-03-2010, 19:28

We bank with Bancaja and organise car insurance through them - sitting in the bank you can view their screen and make adjustments to determine level of cover/premium required.
Old 05-03-2010, 21:45

Speak to marga in Axa in Pollenca old town.have to say i wouldnt insure anything through a bank, in my experience always expensive and when something goes wrong'onlt the barcelona office deals with that'
Old 05-03-2010, 22:07

Quote:
Originally Posted by ray View Post
have to say i wouldnt insure anything through a bank, in my experience always expensive and when something goes wrong'onlt the barcelona office deals with that'
Didn't think mine was expensive but if others think so maybe worth me looking around .... 3 door Ibiza, all drivers over 26, fully comp (incl screen), 301€ ??? Had a claim last year (not my fault but other driver, Columbian, not insured!!!) - did not even have to fill in any paperwork (guy at bank did the lot for me) - in fact I never signed anything! Within 2 months money back in account. Main problem I have is when the kids come out ~ under 26 the premium jumps to 900€ - I know they are a risk but for 2 weeks use this is slightly excessive.

These guys speak English and I used them for the boat insurance - don't know if they are competitive but if you are in the UK you can arrange via email ....

Knight Insurance Brokers - Car Insurance

Address: Cial. Plaza Portals, 43 - Local 3
Telephone: + 34 971 67 75 46
Email: mallorca@knight-insurance.com

Last edited by Sun Properties; 05-03-2010 at 22:26. Reason: Contact added
Old 06-03-2010, 11:43

SP - I would tell the under 26s to walk!

GG
Old 06-03-2010, 12:32

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer View Post
SP - I would tell the under 26s to walk!
GG
I would but a) they are never awake in the day to tell them b) when they are awake I'm tucked up in bed and c) Palma is a long way to walk when all the buses have stopped running.
Old 06-03-2010, 15:53

Thanks guys. I am paying over €600 for a corolla with 5 years no claims bonus, and all drivers over 25 so I think there are savings to be made. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Old 06-03-2010, 16:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
Thanks guys. I am paying over €600 for a corolla with 5 years no claims bonus, and all drivers over 25 so I think there are savings to be made. Anyone else have any suggestions?
Obviously depends upon the value of the car. Direct Line (Lineas Direct) have a good reputation - they were running a series of ads in the Bulletin - think it mentioned 299€ for new customers. Any advantage for you letting the policy lapse for a few days (thereby going back as a new customer) or giving them a ring to say you have seen their ad? Would appreciate your comment re NCB as it seems to make little/no difference to my annual premium.
Old 07-03-2010, 11:41

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sun Properties View Post
Obviously depends upon the value of the car. Direct Line (Lineas Direct) have a good reputation - they were running a series of ads in the Bulletin - think it mentioned 299€ for new customers. Any advantage for you letting the policy lapse for a few days (thereby going back as a new customer) or giving them a ring to say you have seen their ad? Would appreciate your comment re NCB as it seems to make little/no difference to my annual premium.
Thanks SP, that's a thought. I have in the past phoned Direct Line in the UK and quoted a lower price which they matched. The only problem I have in Mallorca is getting the alternative price. Maybe I will try the Bulletin Ad. In the UK we always use Confused.com to get the lowest quote. Since we bought the car new 5 years ago our premium with Lineas Direct has gradually increased even though we have had not claimed and it now seems well out of line with what others are paying.
Old 07-03-2010, 12:12

Alcanadakid - as you are probably aware sites such as confused haven't yet come to Spain (no doubt they will) hence my original suggestion of going to your bank as in Bancaja they have a similar set up but it can only be accessed by bank personel. Another thought is that you could look at AutoScout24: Coches de ocasión, vehículos usados, coche segunda mano - this website is similar to the UK's Autotrader (i.e. cars for sale) however there is a tab seguro coche (car insurance) ~ unfortunately it is only in Spanish (but fairly easy to follow) - at the moment it gives details of a company charging 200 euro + for 3rd party and 300 euro + for fully comp. As I previously said I do not understand the Spanish NCB system as the seguro coche site does not ask any details regarding accidents!
Old 07-03-2010, 20:43

Smile Car Insurance

I'm insured with Linea Directa, and my policy came up for renewal a couple of weeks ago.
They phoned me to check that everything was OK. I told them that I thought that the renewal price was a bit steep. They said they would look into it and phone back the following day.
They reduced my renewal premium by €103 with no change in exess and still with courtesy car and roadside assistance etc.
I suggest you phone Linea Directa and tell them you are not happy with the renewal premium and see if they reduce it.

Cheers!

Frito
Old 08-03-2010, 10:37

Quote:
Originally Posted by frito View Post
I'm insured with Linea Directa, and my policy came up for renewal a couple of weeks ago.
They phoned me to check that everything was OK. I told them that I thought that the renewal price was a bit steep. They said they would look into it and phone back the following day.
They reduced my renewal premium by €103 with no change in exess and still with courtesy car and roadside assistance etc.
I suggest you phone Linea Directa and tell them you are not happy with the renewal premium and see if they reduce it.

Cheers!

Frito
Thanks Frito I will do that. I note that you also have roadside assistance - I am obviously missing a few tricks!
Old 17-03-2010, 18:37

Spoke to Lineas Direct today and they reduced my renewal premium from 640 euros to 299! What a result. Thanks for your suggestions guys.
Old 17-03-2010, 22:20

Well done
Old 08-04-2010, 17:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
Spoke to Lineas Direct today and they reduced my renewal premium from 640 euros to 299! What a result. Thanks for your suggestions guys.
Wow great suggestion! I had my renewal just come in last week and was sulking over the increase. I got some really low insurance quotes from the web, printed them up, showed them to my local broker, and instantly she found me MUCH better prices.

She even admitted that they have to give you a standard quote to tow the line, but that my quotes I brought in was plenty of excuse to cut me a deal!!

"Just doing her job."

Wow! Thanks for the post, I hope others are as lucky!

Last edited by pollensa; 23-04-2010 at 17:34. Reason: link removed