Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Itv (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/14558-itv.html)

alcanadakid 22-06-2020 10:17

Itv

Our car is due it's first ITV inspection shortly.

Has the deadline been extended like the MOT in the UK?

I tried to book online with all the Mallorca centres but nothing is available.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Sparky 22-06-2020 12:25

Some info here :- https://www.ultimahora.es/noticias/n...cados-itv.html ;)

alcanadakid 23-06-2020 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 130255)

Thanks Sparky, but I am none the wiser. It only talks about inspection due in March.

Currently there is no availability at any of the test centres

Sparky 23-06-2020 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcanadakid (Post 130266)
Thanks Sparky, but I am none the wiser. It only talks about inspection due in March.

I would imagine it will roll over until they catch up, the powers that be are obviously aware of the situation. If i see or hear anything relating to ITV i will let you know ;).

alcanadakid 23-06-2020 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 130272)
I would imagine it will roll over until they catch up, the powers that be are obviously aware of the situation. If i see or hear anything relating to ITV i will let you know ;).

Thanks Sparky

SENOR CIGAR 23-06-2020 20:05

I had a 3month wait before Christmas for ITV and that was before the virus struck.there are a lot of old cars on Mallorca it seems.
The Senor

Gommar Goffer 24-06-2020 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcanadakid (Post 130266)

They release appointments on a daily basis but they are snapped up quickly. You need to keep looking regularly and at different times. Mine was due on 17th March but the centres all shut on the 16th!

I eventually managed to get a slot in mid July but it took me a week of constant checking. Initially the website was saying nothing before November:eek::eek:

Deanscroft 24-06-2020 15:57

The problem I couldn't find an answer to when I was looking is -
OK the police may not take action if your ITV is out of date but what about the insurance? If you have a crash without a valid ITV is the insurance valid?

Gommar Goffer 25-06-2020 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deanscroft (Post 130302)
The problem I couldn't find an answer to when I was looking is -
OK the police may not take action if your ITV is out of date but what about the insurance? If you have a crash without a valid ITV is the insurance valid?

I read somewhere that, during lockdown, insurance would remain valid even if the itv had run out. obviously you have to ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy.

Best to check with your insurer.

Disorderly 25-06-2020 17:50

My car is due it’s first ITV in April. Can anyone tell me, is the Inspecciones Technicas document given to you at the car’s first ITV? Websites I’ve seen suggest you need to provide it along with the Permiso de Circulacion and Insurance Receipt when taking the car to the test centre.

alcanadakid 29-06-2020 10:14

I would love to know the answer to this also.

mike_dublin 08-07-2020 11:40

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...extension.html

Quote:

Drivers with a Technical Vehicle Inspection that expires between June 21 and August 31 have been given a 3-month extension to pass the ITV, ...

Minister Ábalos stressed that the ITV extensions that expire before August 21 will be prioritised for inspection by professional carriers.

An extension has already been granted for Periodic Technical Inspection Certificates for vehicles that were due to be inspected in May, during the State of Emergency.

see full article on the MDB website

alcanadakid 27-07-2020 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disorderly (Post 130337)
My car is due it’s first ITV in April. Can anyone tell me, is the Inspecciones Technicas document given to you at the car’s first ITV? Websites I’ve seen suggest you need to provide it along with the Permiso de Circulacion and Insurance Receipt when taking the car to the test centre.

Did my ITV today in Inca. Initially when I looked for an appointment online there were none, but they release batches periodically and I got one within a week.

This was the first inspection for this car and all I took were the Permisso de Circulacion and insurance documents and proof that it had been paid. Cost was €21.10 which is much lower than I remembered from before, although this was a petrol car whereas previously it was diesel. You can pay online or by bank card. No cash.

Inca ITV was very busy and the queue started back on the road. It is good to be early. Although the inspection took about 20 minutes the whole process took 2 hours. Lots of waiting around. No one spoke English

All done for 2 years

Disorderly 27-07-2020 17:23

Thanks so much for that information.....that’s really useful and much appreciated.

Disorderly 30-07-2020 18:37

Alcanadakid, could I ask you what the procedure was when you arrived. Go to office first? Join back of queue and wait? Are there loos at the Centre? LOL. I’m really grateful for your feedback.

Gommar Goffer 31-07-2020 08:32

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disorderly (Post 130942)
Alcanadakid, could I ask you what the procedure was when you arrived. Go to office first? Join back of queue and wait? Are there loos at the Centre? LOL. I’m really grateful for your feedback.

When you arrive you need to park up and go to the office. Do not just join a queue as there are 3 and you will not know which one to be in until you have checked in. As Alkanadakid said, take your passeo and insurance, although I wasn't asked for it.

As far as I am aware there are no loos but I may be wrong.

alcanadakid 31-07-2020 09:25

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gommar Goffer (Post 130945)
When you arrive you need to park up and go to the office. Do not just join a queue as there are 3 and you will not know which one to be in until you have checked in. As Alkanadakid said, take your passeo and insurance, although I wasn't asked for it.

As far as I am aware there are no loos but I may be wrong.

It was all a bit confusing as cars were queuing on the road. I took my lead from the car in front and got out when I had just got off the road and went to the office where there were about 20 people waiting outside. Initally I thought they were queing for the office, but they were waiting to be called. I joined the short queue for the office and handed over the documents and made a card payment. You then wait outside with the others waiting for a lady to come out with a batch of papers. She calls out the car type and number and then gives you the inspection form. You are then free to join one of 3 queues all of which do the same.

Ideally you should arrive and park in the parking area before going to the office, but when I went that area was full, especially with lorries.

I dont think there are any loos there, and they were very particular about masks as the told me to replace mine with one that they gave me.

Disorderly 31-07-2020 17:14

Thank you both so much. I don’t need to do this until April but was mightily confused. Fingers crossed.....I’m sure it will be fine and your advice has been invaluable. Cheers.

Gommar Goffer 01-08-2020 09:29

It was the first time I had done this myself and it is fairly straight forward. Just allow about half an hour before your time slot to get booked in. TBH I was surprised mine passed!!

Deanscroft 03-09-2020 16:07

Just failed.
Theres a new requirement been introduced this year to be aware of. Both tyres fitted to the same axle have to be the same make and speed rating so the tyres I had on last year which were ok then are not ok now!

JPALCOVER 04-09-2020 12:10

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deanscroft (Post 131230)
Just failed.
Theres a new requirement been introduced this year to be aware of. Both tyres fitted to the same axle have to be the same make and speed rating so the tyres I had on last year which were ok then are not ok now!

Amazed that a requirement that has been enforced for over 40 years in "safe-driving countries" was not enforced until this year in Spain!

alcanadakid 05-09-2020 17:15

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPALCOVER (Post 131232)
Amazed that a requirement that has been enforced for over 40 years in "safe-driving countries" was not enforced until this year in Spain!

I may be wrong but I don’t think it is a requirement in the UK

Disorderly 06-09-2020 18:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcanadakid (Post 131252)
I may be wrong but I don’t think it is a requirement in the UK

If it isn’t, it jolly well should be. I’ve competed in various forms of motorsport over the years and anything other than a full set of matching tyres, with decent similar tread, is asking for serious trouble. The difference in grip levels and braking distances from one tyre type to another can be staggering, seriously exacerbated by differing tread depths, particularly in the wet.

If you look at the weight of a car, and the forces acting upon it, each tyre actually only has a relatively tiny contact patch.....absolutely not worth taking chances with.

JPALCOVER 07-09-2020 07:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disorderly (Post 131264)
If it isn’t, it jolly well should be. I’ve competed in various forms of motorsport over the years and anything other than a full set of matching tyres, with decent similar tread, is asking for serious trouble. The difference in grip levels and braking distances from one tyre type to another can be staggering, seriously exacerbated by differing tread depths, particularly in the wet.

If you look at the weight of a car, and the forces acting upon it, each tyre actually only has a relatively tiny contact patch.....absolutely not worth taking chances with.

Hear, hear! If it is not compulsory in the UK, the birthplace of Formula One and the home of most F1 teams, I just cannot understand why!

Julian Simms 07-09-2020 22:45

Good evening,

Google will reveal all.

To save you time, it has been obligatory for years, and according to a Spanish friend, in Spain as well.

fil6699 08-09-2020 07:34

Quote:

Originally Posted by Julian Simms (Post 131278)
Good evening,

Google will reveal all.

To save you time, it has been obligatory for years, and according to a Spanish friend, in Spain as well.

i can confirm this has been the case here for years I think just lucky not toget spotted in the past

alcanadakid 08-09-2020 15:09

Whilst not being pedantic, the UK Gov website gives instructions for MOT testing and the only restriction is that cross ply and radial tyres must not be mixed on the same axle.

Mixing of other tyres is allowed.Even standard and runflat tyres are allowed on the same axle, although it is not recommended.There is no mention of mixing tyre makes or speed rating.

I am not disputing the wisdom of using the same tyres on the same axle, just pointing out the legal position

Disorderly 08-09-2020 17:44

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcanadakid (Post 131284)
Whilst not being pedantic, the UK Gov website gives instructions for MOT testing and the only restriction is that cross ply and radial tyres must not be mixed on the same axle.

Mixing of other tyres is allowed.Even standard and runflat tyres are allowed on the same axle, although it is not recommended.There is no mention of mixing tyre makes or speed rating.

I am not disputing the wisdom of using the same tyres on the same axle, just pointing out the legal position

I must admit that was exactly as I understood it. But lax if you ask me!

fil6699 08-09-2020 18:38

Quote:

MOT in the UK is done by many independent local garages
ITV here can only be obtained at the Government testing stations only 4 on the entire Island . think that explains everything

JPALCOVER 09-09-2020 07:32

Quote:

Does this mean it is "legal" to fit one "summer tyre" and one "winter/snow tyre" on the same axle? I'd love to see the result of the braking test (performed as part of the "technical inspection procedure) in that case! Especially on cars not fitted with ABS (but that "option" is now standard on most cars, I suppose).

alcanadakid 09-09-2020 10:54

Quote:

Originally Posted by fil6699 (Post 131290)
MOT in the UK is done by many independent local garages
ITV here can only be obtained at the Government testing stations only 4 on the entire Island . think that explains everything

The independent garages have to work to the Government regulations.

alcanadakid 09-09-2020 11:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by JPALCOVER (Post 131295)
Does this mean it is "legal" to fit one "summer tyre" and one "winter/snow tyre" on the same axle? I'd love to see the result of the braking test (performed as part of the "technical inspection procedure) in that case! Especially on cars not fitted with ABS (but that "option" is now standard on most cars, I suppose).

The only restriction is mixing radial and cross ply tyres and therefore according to the regulations it would be legal to mix the tyres on one axle, but the car would have to comply with the braking requirements, which could result in a failure if they caused a negative effect.

mike_dublin 08-10-2020 13:54

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...orca-2020.html

Quote:

There are no more appointments for Technical Inspection of Vehicles, or ITVs available in Majorca until the end of January, according to Consell de Mallorca Spokesperson, Llorenç Galmés ...

see full article on the MDB website