Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Itv (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/14558-itv.html)

alcanadakid 22-06-2020 10:17

Itv

Our car is due it's first ITV inspection shortly.

Has the deadline been extended like the MOT in the UK?

I tried to book online with all the Mallorca centres but nothing is available.

Any advice would be gratefully received

Sparky 22-06-2020 12:25

Some info here :- https://www.ultimahora.es/noticias/n...cados-itv.html ;)

alcanadakid 23-06-2020 09:59

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 130255)

Thanks Sparky, but I am none the wiser. It only talks about inspection due in March.

Currently there is no availability at any of the test centres

Sparky 23-06-2020 12:01

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcanadakid (Post 130266)
Thanks Sparky, but I am none the wiser. It only talks about inspection due in March.

I would imagine it will roll over until they catch up, the powers that be are obviously aware of the situation. If i see or hear anything relating to ITV i will let you know ;).

alcanadakid 23-06-2020 15:22

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sparky (Post 130272)
I would imagine it will roll over until they catch up, the powers that be are obviously aware of the situation. If i see or hear anything relating to ITV i will let you know ;).

Thanks Sparky

SENOR CIGAR 23-06-2020 20:05

I had a 3month wait before Christmas for ITV and that was before the virus struck.there are a lot of old cars on Mallorca it seems.
The Senor

Gommar Goffer 24-06-2020 08:38

Quote:

Originally Posted by alcanadakid (Post 130266)

They release appointments on a daily basis but they are snapped up quickly. You need to keep looking regularly and at different times. Mine was due on 17th March but the centres all shut on the 16th!

I eventually managed to get a slot in mid July but it took me a week of constant checking. Initially the website was saying nothing before November:eek::eek:

Deanscroft 24-06-2020 15:57

The problem I couldn't find an answer to when I was looking is -
OK the police may not take action if your ITV is out of date but what about the insurance? If you have a crash without a valid ITV is the insurance valid?

Gommar Goffer 25-06-2020 09:17

Quote:

Originally Posted by Deanscroft (Post 130302)
The problem I couldn't find an answer to when I was looking is -
OK the police may not take action if your ITV is out of date but what about the insurance? If you have a crash without a valid ITV is the insurance valid?

I read somewhere that, during lockdown, insurance would remain valid even if the itv had run out. obviously you have to ensure that the vehicle is roadworthy.

Best to check with your insurer.

Disorderly 25-06-2020 17:50

My car is due it’s first ITV in April. Can anyone tell me, is the Inspecciones Technicas document given to you at the car’s first ITV? Websites I’ve seen suggest you need to provide it along with the Permiso de Circulacion and Insurance Receipt when taking the car to the test centre.

alcanadakid 29-06-2020 10:14

I would love to know the answer to this also.

mike_dublin 08-07-2020 11:40

https://www.majorcadailybulletin.com...extension.html

Quote:

Drivers with a Technical Vehicle Inspection that expires between June 21 and August 31 have been given a 3-month extension to pass the ITV, ...

Minister Ńbalos stressed that the ITV extensions that expire before August 21 will be prioritised for inspection by professional carriers.

An extension has already been granted for Periodic Technical Inspection Certificates for vehicles that were due to be inspected in May, during the State of Emergency.

see full article on the MDB website

alcanadakid 27-07-2020 14:28

Quote:

Originally Posted by Disorderly (Post 130337)
My car is due itís first ITV in April. Can anyone tell me, is the Inspecciones Technicas document given to you at the carís first ITV? Websites Iíve seen suggest you need to provide it along with the Permiso de Circulacion and Insurance Receipt when taking the car to the test centre.

Did my ITV today in Inca. Initially when I looked for an appointment online there were none, but they release batches periodically and I got one within a week.

This was the first inspection for this car and all I took were the Permisso de Circulacion and insurance documents and proof that it had been paid. Cost was Ä21.10 which is much lower than I remembered from before, although this was a petrol car whereas previously it was diesel. You can pay online or by bank card. No cash.

Inca ITV was very busy and the queue started back on the road. It is good to be early. Although the inspection took about 20 minutes the whole process took 2 hours. Lots of waiting around. No one spoke English

All done for 2 years

Disorderly 27-07-2020 17:23

Thanks so much for that information.....thatís really useful and much appreciated.

Disorderly 30-07-2020 18:37

Alcanadakid, could I ask you what the procedure was when you arrived. Go to office first? Join back of queue and wait? Are there loos at the Centre? LOL. I’m really grateful for your feedback.