Puerto Pollensa Travel Guide
Before You Go
Package Holidays
Latest Special Offers!
All-Inclusive Hotels
Hotels & Aparthotels
Private Villas/Apts to Rent
Villa Companies
Local Rental Agents
Car Hire
Airport Transfers & Taxis
Travel Insurance
Late Deals!
Holiday Shopping
Background Info
Events & Fiestas
Climate & Weather
Art & Culture
Flora & Fauna
Discussion Forum
Once You're There
Airport Directions
Tourist Information
Eating Out
Buses & Trains
Music & Entertainment
Excursions & Days Out
Shopping & Markets
Walking, Cycling
Boat Charters
Market Place
Boats & Yachts
Property For Sale
Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-09-2018, 09:14
Gommar Goffer's Avatar
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: PP permanently
Posts: 1,584
Default UK registered vehicle - transfer advice sought

This is my last resort to try and find an answer.

I am trying to transfer mu UK registered vehicle to Spanish plates (I have to do this to use it for work). The guy I am using to do the transfer is trying to do it on the back of my Residencia because it is easier and cheaper (we thought!)

We have now come to a sticking point in that the Hacienda want proof that I no longer reside in the UK. The British Consulate used to issue letters to this effect but no longer do, saying that Spanish self-employment should be enough proof but this guy is still asking for proof and I have no idea how to do it.

Can anybody shed any light on this? Has anyone had to do it?

I am at my whits end as time is now running out - it has to be done within 30 days of the issue of Residencia.
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 12-09-2018, 12:02
Join Date: Apr 2008
Location: Southampton & Pine Walk Apt
Posts: 962

Not sure but if you have a Gestor or local solicitor, maybe he/she could assist. Sometimes a letter with all the official rubber stamps on it can help?

Alternatively, Mallorca Solutions may be able to assist (at a cost of course). They managed 'the impossible' when we had to sort out issues for Dad's car.
Reply With Quote
Old 12-09-2018, 13:47
Join Date: Jan 2016
Location: CSV
Posts: 146

Frustrating! Although it was last year, my friend changed her plates before she applied for residencia, using Translations Mallorca, no evidence required. My experience with Spanish bureaucracy, requirements differ person to person and day to day! Have you asked examples of evidence that they would accept? Good luck.
Reply With Quote


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Permission sought for new ice-cream kiosk in Pollensa. Sparky Shopping 6 27-07-2018 19:15
WANTED: Spanish registered car wanted / advice rebel Items Wanted/For Sale 1 18-05-2016 16:35
What vehicle for 6 people and luggage? Jupiter1972 Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca 20 06-08-2010 21:59
Newly Registered Users pollensa Using the Pollensa Forum 6 02-08-2010 14:46
Advice on airport transfer jonquet Car Hire, Airport Transfers in Majorca 5 27-04-2010 21:24

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 11:58.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011