Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree3Likes
  • 2 Post By Sparky
  • 1 Post By Yorkie

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 22-02-2018, 18:00

Default Property in Pollensa

Hi this is my second post, (awaiting moderator so that i am proved not be a spammer) but my first question is on the service charge costs and local taxes for apartments in Pollensa, which is what we are looking to buy? Its tricky to get any info from local agents they want us to see the places first! At around £200K what are typical costs anyone know?
Sponsored Links
Old 22-02-2018, 20:51

Apologies Ricky but I did type a full answer listing all costs but got knocked out but knocked out, I do not have the time at the moment to redo it. probably some sort of control. no idea.
Old 22-02-2018, 21:09
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by majprop View Post
Apologies Ricky but I did type a full answer listing all costs but got knocked out but knocked out, I do not have the time at the moment to redo it. probably some sort of control. no idea.
I would just like to say that i have not moderated your post so i don't know why you were "knocked out" .
El Gordo and Jimbo the Jambo like this.
Old 22-02-2018, 21:43

We have a 1 bed apartment with a pool set in gardens on a small 21 apartment complex in Puerto Pollensa. We pay about 360 euros pa in one form of tax them about 80 for another. We use an agent for the smaller tax which costs us 200 euros. Then we pay about 200 per quarter maintenance. We have had a lot of work done on the complex so it has been fluctuating a bit, 225 one quarter, 184 another. We then pay about 60 per month water when we are there and the same electricity. Lastly we pay about 63 a month for broadband/TV/landline. So adding that all up on a 12 month occupation I reckon it would be about 3200 euros or 1 week's rental in a nice place.
sws97sdg likes this.
Old 23-02-2018, 16:53

Community charges vary from complex to complex depending on things like pools, lifts, number of apartments in community. Annual charges to the town hall again will depend but we pay about 300 euro's a year for equivalent of your Council Tax.
Old 10-03-2018, 17:12

Hi,
I’d also be interested to hear how much people pay for 2 bed 200k apartment, with and without pool, also bearing in mind property age. After much research (mostly fishing about on this forum) I figured about £300 per month including water and electricity. I’m hoping I’m in the right ball park as I don’t want any nasty surprises.
Would love some reassurance!
Old 10-03-2018, 17:42

HI Jan
We've got a 3 bed 2 bath no pool with lift community charge €1100 pa
Gen tax €160 pa rubbish tax €80 pa wealth tax each ? insurance €150 pa
Water €130 pa Elect.? Gas ?
If any major thing goes wrong i.e. lift, pool etc. that will be a extra charge on your community charge split between the number of apartments in the complex.
I hope this helps.
Rebel
Non resident
Old 10-03-2018, 19:22

Yes thanks very helpful. I sometimes worry about second home costs, as there seems to be a recurring theme with several Countries ( including ours) that second home owners are an easy target for cash. For example in Paris they are hiking the local taxes hugely for second homes, in order to free up houses for locals ( not sure they can afford apartments in the 6th arrondissement but whatever), even in the Dales they tried to hike council tax up by a factor of three for second homes. This was kicked into touch but only just.
I suppose its a risk you have to take when buying a holiday home.Local councils just dont seem to be impressed with those who have two homes!
Old 12-03-2018, 03:21

Thanks Rebel, that’s really helpful and good of you to take the time. Hopefully my estimate was unnecessarily generous -it looks as if E150-200 is more accurate based on yours and Yorkie’s figures, plus phone/internet.
Would be interested to know if others agree?