Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Heating system for a house?. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/13596-heating-system-house.html)

Jamjar 28-08-2017 11:36

Heating system for a house?.

Hello everyone
I am new to this forum, having bought a house last year near the Albufereta Nature Reserve.
We do not have any heating in the house at the moment (except for a lovely wood burner!) and I have been looking at air source heat pump systems
Does anyone have any experience of installing and using such a system? Apparently they are very energy efficient and particularly suited to warm climates.
Any recommendations for a heating engineer who may be experienced in these systems?
Many thanks

Deanscroft 29-08-2017 08:12

An air source heat pump when used for heating is, put simply, a cooling unit running backwards. If you think of a domestic fridge which is cold on the inside but hot on the back then a heat pump is the same thing but alot bigger. Run in cooling mode the unit inside blows cold air while the unit outside blows hot air. Run in heating mode it is the reverse. Compared to electric panel heaters they produce approx four times the heat per kw of electricity. The majority of the condenser units you see mounted on the outside of buildings here will be air source heat pumps. Some places refer to them as reversible air conditioning but this is not correct as an air conditioning unit takes the outside air, conditions it (ie heats, cools, dehumidifies etc) and then blows it inside. Heat pumps only condition the existing inside air. I have used Confort to install several of these for me and find them to be good on both service and price. Before you decide on the type of heating to go for you do need to check the size of the electricity supply into the property as many propereties here have very small electricty supplies and an upgrade could prove very expensive.

Jamjar 29-08-2017 18:05

Thank you for this very informative and helpful reply, Deanscroft.

I have googled 'Confort; but cannot find a link. Can you point me in the right direction please?

That's a good point about the electricity supply. I hadn't considered that. I looked at my Endesa bill and it says:
Producto contratado: Tempo 24 horas
Potencia contratada: 5,500 kW
Is that the information I need and is that enough power?

Sorry for all the additional questions!

PP76 29-08-2017 18:23

Jamjar,

Confort,
Placa Xaloc 14 Baixos, Puerto Pollensa.

0043 971 866 872
info@tendaxaloc.com

They are excellent!

Jamjar 29-08-2017 18:25

Thank you PP76.
Much appreciated

Deanscroft 30-08-2017 07:04

Your electricity supply will be fine to run a couple of heat pumps along with all the usual stuff like lights, tv etc. Where you might have to be a bit careful is if your cooking is all electric.

PP76 30-08-2017 07:49

Jamjar,
The phone number should of course start with 0034 not 0043.

Jamjar 30-08-2017 09:01

Deanscroft - many thanks. We have a gas hob so should be fine! We do have an aircon system at the moment but ideally I would like to replace this with a system that does heating, cooling and hot water in one. Will certainly pop into Confort for a chat.

PP76 - got it! Cheers.