Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree19Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-02-2017, 19:29

Can anyone please tell me how the agents survive. I have never come across such a bunch of unprofessional people. Who do they actually work for? Those who pay their hefty fee! I was in an office yesterday and over heard a conversation where an agent was talking to someone obviously selling an apartment. He said he would take any interested viewers to see a lot of rubbish before showing this persons apartment as it would make his seem so much better and worth the money. I really couldn't believe what I had heard but assume it goes on all the time. I thought of those who he considered to have rubbish making their place look nice thinking they had an interested person. Disgusting! They had my apartment to sell so I took it away from them.They may consider mine to be rubbish! I feel I would like to name and shame but I won't. And they didn't have one villa to offer me . Well there is a surprise! I don't think Brexit has anything to do with the property market in Majorca. Buyers and sellers will always be there but I do think the agents rule the nest.
Sponsored Links
Old 10-02-2017, 20:08

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomir View Post
Can anyone please tell me how the agents survive. I have never come across such a bunch of unprofessional people. Who do they actually work for? Those who pay their hefty fee! I was in an office yesterday and over heard a conversation where an agent was talking to someone obviously selling an apartment. He said he would take any interested viewers to see a lot of rubbish before showing this persons apartment as it would make his seem so much better and worth the money. I really couldn't believe what I had heard but assume it goes on all the time. I thought of those who he considered to have rubbish making their place look nice thinking they had an interested person. Disgusting! They had my apartment to sell so I took it away from them.They may consider mine to be rubbish! I feel I would like to name and shame but I won't. And they didn't have one villa to offer me . Well there is a surprise! I don't think Brexit has anything to do with the property market in Majorca. Buyers and sellers will always be there but I do think the agents rule the nest.
They are all self employed so they only earn when they sell.
I can only assume when they referred to rubbish properties they where talking about properties that are unrealistically priced Over valued as some owners live in a dream world with tinted glasses or too much sun.
I have used many of the agents in the port and would only recommend them.
Old 10-02-2017, 20:23

Quote:
Originally Posted by rebel View Post
They are all self employed so they only earn when they sell.
I can only assume when they referred to rubbish properties they where talking about properties that are unrealistically priced Over valued as some owners live in a dream world with tinted glasses or too much sun.
I have used many of the agents in the port and would only recommend them.

I know what I saw and I know what I heard. Your evaluation is not a correct one. Their definition of a rubbish property was not an over valued one!
I assume to make a statement seemingly knowing some wear rose coloured glasses and have too much sun means you are in the property business yourself and an expert? If we are to respect the agents as you suggest then prices are not over valued as the respected agent knows best!
Old 10-02-2017, 21:06

I don't know what they said as you didn't tell us, as I said I can only assume.
I didn't say you should respect agents far from it as its the agents that over value the properties in the first place to get them on there books, some owners are sucked in by this making it a hard property to sell until the customer then reduce the price.
At the end of the day the agents are trying to make a profit out of property the same as you.
I'm not a expert as you suggest, but if I was looking to buy a second villa for profit and not wanting to miss the boat I would have purchased a year ago, that could be the reason for shortage of villas for sale.
debz1 likes this.
Old 10-02-2017, 21:15

Point taken and apologies. I thought you were assuming that I had misheard what was said. I didn't and I didn't misunderstand what they meant either.

Yes I should have bought a second villa last year. There were few then and even less now. The problem I have is that I need or would prefer to sell the apartment. There are so many apartments for sale that it's not easy. So too many apartments and next to no villas. A strange market. Sorry for the misunderstanding.
Old 10-02-2017, 21:55

The agent over there are the same as over here only charging a lot more.
apologies for using the words tinted glasses and sun I will blame the wine.
Old 12-02-2017, 14:20

So it seems there are 2 markets: for villas and apartments. Villas on the up? Apartments on the level/down?

There does seem to be a lot of apartments available in PP and some of them have been on the market for years.

Also seems odd to me that there are so many apartments available for holiday let, when apparently it is illegal. I doubt they’re all licensed.

I would think most brits would be put off buying as a result of Brexit. There’s anecdotal evidence in the thread. No-one really knows what will happen to the ex-pats, especially for medical costs.

Also came across this: ‘ contrato de alquiler con opción a compra’
Renting To Buy In Mallorca | Property For Sale In Mallorca

Which seems like a good idea for the buyer, effectively nothing to lose. Anyone any experience of this?
Old 12-02-2017, 14:39

Only just seen page 2 of the posts...in response to comment on this page:
My experience as a potential buyer, is that there is the full range in terms of service and in particular web presence.

Some have good websites and service.

Some of the websites are so bad it is a joke. No idea how they sell anything.

One agent in the centre of town, has the worst service of any company I’ve dealt with in any sector in the last 30 years. They don’t answer the phone. Don’t respond to VMs or emails and even when you go into the shop they do not want to help. It was python-esque in incompetence and as if they were desperate NOT to sell . The ‘cheese shop’ sketch came to mind. How they are in business is a mystery to me.

Just checked their site and its giving a 500 error...probably have gone out of business.
Old 12-02-2017, 19:54

Unhappy

Quote:
Originally Posted by BertyBoy View Post
Only just seen page 2 of the posts...in response to comment on this page:
My experience as a potential buyer, is that there is the full range in terms of service and in particular web presence.

Some have good websites and service.

Some of the websites are so bad it is a joke. No idea how they sell anything.

One agent in the centre of town, has the worst service of any company I’ve dealt with in any sector in the last 30 years. They don’t answer the phone. Don’t respond to VMs or emails and even when you go into the shop they do not want to help. It was python-esque in incompetence and as if they were desperate NOT to sell . The ‘cheese shop’ sketch came to mind. How they are in business is a mystery to me.

Just checked their site and its giving a 500 error...probably have gone out of business.
I would be interested to know which ones to avoid being that I am looking to buy in PP
I don't want to be wasting my time money and annual leave on dead ends
Old 13-02-2017, 23:06

I Suggest all estate agents in U.K. Or PP have the same intentions
Don't they?
debz1 likes this.
Old 14-02-2017, 19:44

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dilly17 View Post
I Suggest all estate agents in U.K. Or PP have the same intentions
Don't they?
Yes but I think the ones in PP put a few of the UK ones as professionals of the year! And the UK ones are not charging 5% either! I negotiated a 1% fee in UK. Pollensa will not negotiate as they are a cartel . Believe me I have tried. Some have actually said that if they did reduce their fee then they would show last as they want the high fee. Disgusting ]! They will do or say anything here. Also be aware that your details are shared. They scramble together and then share the ridiculous fee they charge. They also get you to do a lot of the work. I've been asked numerous times to send them photos of my apartment - and they charge me 5% !!! One I wouldn't use for wiping my shoe would be Balearic Properties. They don't care about their sellers or buyers. Staff are also here today and gone tomorrow. Awful people to deal with. Go forth with thy eyes open wide if you use them for selling or buying!

Thinking about it I don't think the UK ones come anywhere near the way this bunch work!

Last edited by Tomir; 15-02-2017 at 09:54.
Old 14-02-2017, 22:23

UK agents charge 1.5-2.0% - a lot less!
Old 15-02-2017, 23:33

I have an offer on my apartment. British wanting to get on the Pollensa property ladder. Not at all concerned about Brexit but did say they thought prices were increasing.
These people came direct from a Facebook group. Way to go! Sorry agents I save 5% plus iva. so i'm happy!
Old 21-02-2017, 13:21

Today I hear that my British buyer has dropped the sale of my apartment. Nothing to do with Brexit but to do with the community we are on which will not allow renting. I've been renting for years as do most in the block. Seems this McCallum development had it written into the official stuff which has frightened my buyer off. Most apartments are bought to rent and we all know it happens and is accepted. Wish people would do their research before wasting time. Illegal has a different meaning here than in the UK. Back to ground level!
cumberland8 likes this.

Last edited by Sparky; 21-02-2017 at 13:44.
Old 22-02-2017, 11:05

I don't think the authorities 'accept' it
sunnyboy likes this.