Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree7Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 21-11-2017, 11:52

Default House insurance recomendations?

Has anyone got any particular tips on house insurance, which is next on the list?
Sponsored Links
Old 21-11-2017, 14:56

Axa. You can buy online. About 1/3 price of that quoted by the bank for exactly the same cover. Unfortunately website is not in English but Google is your friend:

https://www.axa.es/contratar-seguros...H_HOGAR_TI_EC#
Old 21-11-2017, 15:29

Thanks Bircho....I'll have a look.
Old 17-12-2017, 17:23

We went with Liberty. But our house is in a protected area and we needed a policy that gave a cash payout in the event we couldn’t rebuild after catastrophic damage e.g fire. Quite hard to find a suitable policy. Used an agent that would be happy to recommend

Neil Rowley Insurance
Ed Minaco 6H
Avda Alejandro Rosselló 15
07002 Palma de Mallorca
Tel + 34 971720807
Old 18-12-2017, 17:26

I did an online application with AXA and the price came back so cheap its actually very worrying! I put all the info in, so can't believe there are errors, but 70 euros for building and contents for annual cover just rings alarm bells? I can't seem to extract the actual terms either.
Old 19-12-2017, 15:00

It sounds like the old golden rule: if it's too good to be true, it probably is! A lot of people got stung recently after the sad demise of Monarch when they found the cheaper insurance they'd bought didn't provide the cover they needed. I would definitely seek out the terms!
Old 19-12-2017, 15:36

With Axa you get access to online portal with the all the documents in there. I did a like-for-like check with ours with that of our bank. The two policies were identical - Axa came in at €112, the bank at €220. You could also try direct line - they are doing online in Spain as well, I believe. They have a big advert in the Euro Weekly News each week.
Old 19-10-2020, 12:49

so....three years on and my house insurance runs out in a couple of months and wondering if anyone has any recomendations? Last time I went with the bank, as they gave me a cheap deal on something else at the time.
Old 19-10-2020, 21:37

We've used Linea Directa (Spanish Direct Line) for the last 4 years. About half what we were paying through our bank. We had a claim last year and it was settled very quickly. English speakers available at the call centre.
Rockape likes this.
Old 20-10-2020, 12:54

May I ask what you paid for your insurance? I went onto the AXA web site again and this time was quoted 78 euros for their top tier option, which does seem cheap, but ticks all the boxes and is a well known company.
Old 20-10-2020, 19:33

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
May I ask what you paid for your insurance? I went onto the AXA web site again and this time was quoted 78 euros for their top tier option, which does seem cheap, but ticks all the boxes and is a well known company.
That’s incredibly cheap! My home insurance is with my bank (BBVA) covering contents, premises and third party liability. The latest annual renewal last month was over €425!
Old 20-10-2020, 20:48

I used AXA in Pollenca and found them to be reasonable and good when a claim was made by my neighbour.A lady called Marga was in the office,perfect english.
Old 21-10-2020, 10:36

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockape View Post
Hi, our insurance is only for a 1 bed apartment but we pay around €120 per year. We had been paying up to €250 through our bank for the same cover with NO excess.
Old 22-10-2020, 08:30

If you are in an apartment, it is a good idea to use the same Insurance company as the one you use for your community insurance ...... We found it makes it easier if there is a dispute regarding individual apartment or communal liability.
Old 06-03-2021, 12:46

Beware of the Insurance renewal catch (con?). In Spain all insurances renew automatically unless you cancel them in writing a minimum of one month before the due date. When I bought my house I had to pay 3 years in advance for house/contents insurance in order to get the mortgage. 3 years on the insurance automatically renewed and I am now paying 780 euros through the bank for an insurance I could have bought on line for about 400 euros. I'm told the only way I can cancel it is to sell the house.
For those of you looking for insurance (house / car / health) there are now price comparison sites you can use. Try www.rastreator.com
El Gordo likes this.