Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree15Likes
  • 1 Post By eleanor
  • 6 Post By supamac
  • 7 Post By GrandeMimosa
  • 1 Post By supamac

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 19-06-2016, 23:44

Default El Pineret

Please could anyone tell me the advantages and disadvantages of having an apartment in the Pineret area, i know there are a lot of trees there so does that mean more mosquitoes,also does the road noise cause a problem , would appreciate your opinions as it is one of the areas my son is looking to buy in.
Sponsored Links
Old 20-06-2016, 08:52

Have stayed in an apartment in Pinaret almost backing onto the bypass. Certainly we were not bothered by traffic noise any time we have been there. Although there are lots of trees, again mozzies didn't bother us particularly, but then perhaps we were there when they weren't too bad anyway It's a great area to have an apartment.......wish it was me
Old 20-06-2016, 09:37

We have rented apartments in Pinaret and it's a lovely quiet area and convenient for the port - about 10 minutes walk depending which part you are in. We stayed there in April and there were a lot of trees round the apartment so didnt get much sun but the real problem was due to the wood pigeons! We moved our car twice but still it was covered in droppings. We washed it the day before we returned it as we didnt want to return it in such a state - but next morning - it was covered again! Maybe it was the time of year and there were more about, but it wouldnt put me off staying in that area - may choose somewhere not surrounded by trees. No mosquito problems but that could again be due to the time of year. If I were lucky enough to buy an apartment in PP, this would be my first choice. Good luck

Last edited by Rosie34; 20-06-2016 at 09:40.
Old 20-06-2016, 09:51

Staying somewhere for a couple of weeks or owning somewhere on a permanent basis need to be looked at differently I feel. We owned an apartment in Pinaret for a number of years before buying in Gotmar. Pinaret is convenient for the beach and town but as said it has many trees and can be quite dark and in our view even a little depressing in the winter especially. We also found being so quiet during out of season made the area vulnerable for break ins. I don't think a year went by without us hearing of one near or by us. Happens in a lot of places of course. Yes lots of wood pigeons and mozzies too as well as the wild cats who could be very wild! PP is very quiet out of season but we found Pinaret especially so as very few visited or lived on a permanent basis. We were not far from Villa Concha and found the constant arrival and departure of coaches around the area a bit of a pain too. It seems so busy which is to be expected of course. As said the convenience is good for beach restaurants and shops but we much much prefer Gotmar especially as we spend a lot of time in PP out of season. Everyone to their own and this is just our opinion but overall things to be considered.
mike_dublin likes this.

Last edited by eleanor; 20-06-2016 at 10:06.
Old 20-06-2016, 14:11

Just to offer an alternative view, we've owned a home in Pinaret for 10 years and have stayed at all times of the year. Our apartment has wonderful open views, is on a quiet street - almost at the beach which is just 150m away and only 10 minutes walk from the square and a minute from Tolo's. It's leafy but never dark (though I can think that Los Nogales right up near the bypass could have been described that way til they had their trees cut back recently). Roads are more wide avenues and space and none of the hubbub of the town - which I appreciate some people love. There are some cats but they are hardly a nuisance when compared to dog poo in town areas! The dawn chorus is lovely though I can't say I've noticed pigeons .... and mosquitos are what they are; we get bitten very occasionally but I can vouch for the fact that they like all parts of town!
I have seen the odd coach at Villa Concha but I have to dispute the nuisance of this versus the town and bypass where standard buses have been re-routed and are causing chaos. We are here all day every day and I cant remember the last time I saw or heard a coach near our home - and no buses in our area at all.
All in all, it's nice to be out in the quiet leafy suburb with easy access and no noise and the area is becoming very trendy with the addition of sea front bars and restaurants like Sea Bar IS and Casa Vila di Mare, along with the beach bars, the Romantic, Tolo's, El Bistro and Torre Playa.
I personally don't think your son would have any regrets buying here bevgt - we've certainly never regretted it!
Old 20-06-2016, 14:15

I agree with Eleanor just the other day I was walking past the Villa Concha when a swarm of mosquitos appeared, just at that moment a wood pigeon swooped down and tried to catch one but fortunately a passing Wildcat came out of nowhere and attacked the pigeon. But it was all resolved when all 3 were run over by a passing bus. Its crazy here in Pinaret.
Old 20-06-2016, 14:47

Quote:
Originally Posted by grandemimosa View Post
i agree with eleanor just the other day i was walking past the villa concha when a swarm of mosquitos appeared, just at that moment a wood pigeon swooped down and tried to catch one but fortunately a passing wildcat came out of nowhere and attacked the pigeon. But it was all resolved when all 3 were run over by a passing bus. Its crazy here in pinaret.
Ha Ha Ha!!!!!!!!
Old 20-06-2016, 15:59

And as friends often say to me Rosie34 - 'he's all yours Suse!' Heaven help me!
Rosie34 likes this.
Old 21-06-2016, 18:10

Thank you all it was very helpful and funny lol