Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   New to renting, advice appreciated (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/12583-new-renting-advice-appreciated.html)

Family Ordonez 13-01-2016 11:08

New to renting, advice appreciated

Hi All
We bought our apartment last year and would like to rent it to help with upkeep. Please can anyone advise on best sites to advertise. I am nervous regarding the right target audience for PP, I would like families etc who know what PP is about and not groups of youngsters looking to rave. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Paula

Sparky 13-01-2016 12:22

There is a link to Home Away here :- Holidays Puerto Pollensa (Port de Pollenca), Majorca (Mallorca) :)

Family Ordonez 13-01-2016 12:46

Thanks Sparky, thats great

Deanscroft 13-01-2016 17:03

Let us not forget that, although widely practiced, the renting out of a private apartment for holiday use is illegal !

pollensa 13-01-2016 18:23

Quote:

Originally Posted by Family Ordonez (Post 108288)
Hi All
We bought our apartment last year and would like to rent it to help with upkeep. Please can anyone advise on best sites to advertise. I am nervous regarding the right target audience for PP, I would like families etc who know what PP is about and not groups of youngsters looking to rave. Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Paula

If you are looking to advertise with HomeAway - see here for a discount code puertopollensa.com/rental-advertisers.html

Mark 13-01-2016 20:27

I would list it on airbnb to start with as there is no yearly fee to pay and only a fee per booking which is very reasonable and they are probably the market leaders now.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Family Ordonez (Post 108288)
Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Paula

1. Don't be too cheap, this filters out a lot of the people you don't want.

2. Beware of people that want big discounts as they are generally the ones that will complain about anything just to try to get some money refunded.

3. Take great photos of all rooms, particularly bathrooms and kitchens as no picture of a room means it's probably scruffy or old and that puts people off.
Airbnb will usually offer to send a professional photographer to take brochure quality photos for free, yes completely free. This increases bookings as people like good pictures.
(My Mum has a holiday home in South Africa and Airbnb really did send a local Pro photographer to take free photos)

4. Be honest with the descriptions so that no one is ever disappointed when they arrive.

5. Provide clean cutlery and pans etc, they are cheap to buy at Ikea and grotty puts people off. You should see some off the stuff we had to put up with over the years ! only ever once at each property though as we don't go back to anywhere disappointing.

6. Lock your own personal things away in a wardrobe or cupboard, people will use your stuff if they can find it.

7. Make it a nice home from home with nice towels and bed sheets, people will always pay for quality.

8. Find someone reliable to do the changeovers etc.

9. Enjoy it and help people to have a memorable holiday while making some money to pay the bills and if your lucky they will recommend you to family and friends and leave good reviews online.

Hope that helps.