Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   Contents insurance. (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/12456-contents-insurance.html)

Shaun&Caro 12-10-2015 15:20

Contents insurance.

Quote:

Originally Posted by whaleywanderer (Post 106903)

We do bank with Bankia and ... also have our house insurance through them,

We are looking for contents insurance (pretty sure we will be paying buildings insurance through the residents association)....has anyone got recommendations? Many thanks, shaun

eleanor 12-10-2015 18:17

I can give you a suggestion on who not to use! Intasure who act for a company named Amlin. They are terrible people to deal with and will find any reason not to pay out. We now prefer to sort locally via our bank.

whaleywanderer 13-10-2015 10:53

Quote:

Originally Posted by Shaun&Caro (Post 106961)
We are looking for contents insurance (pretty sure we will be paying buildings insurance through the residents association)....has anyone got recommendations? Many thanks, shaun

Please be aware that the building insurance you have included in your community charges only includes communal areas.

Deanscroft 13-10-2015 15:44

You should also consider including some public liability insurance.

Shaun&Caro 20-10-2015 09:50

Thanks everyone

I will have a look around when I'm out in PP next week, but may come back to you all with what we have in mind before committing to anything ....

Appreciate your guidance as always
shaun

Nick 20-10-2015 14:26

Yes, please do let us all know what sort of quotes you get for what coverage etc as I'm thinking of changing my insurers next time. Currently use one via our old Barclays Bank, now non existent, but not happy it's all written in Spanish.

I've been told that Hiscox insurance in the UK are vey good. Maybe someone can verify or deny this?

It would be good to get some examples of insurers going as it is vital, you never know how good an insurance policy is until you need to use it, and I totally agree about third party liability as well in this litigious world we live in.

Major Tom 21-10-2015 09:17

We use a company called Canopius uk speciality for our apartment insurance
which costs £147.11
Contents cover £21378
Power surge £ 5000
Legal liability £ 5 million
Accidents domestic staff included
Earthquake cover included.
Excess £75

We have had one claim in 20years & handled very well by them.

Hope this helps, suggest google name to check further details.

Shaun&Caro 23-10-2015 08:44

Thanks Plackey and others....will report back with how we get on. Completion next week so it's all getting a bit real :eek:

Shaun&Caro 01-11-2015 21:03

Back from PP today and happy to say our flat purchase has gone though without a hitch. In the end we arranged insurance (buildings and €20k of contents) through Bankia. The insurer is Mapfre and the annual premium is €138 so happy with that. Paula at Bankia in PP was very helpful :)