Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree58Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 18-01-2015, 20:41

Thumbs down More dogs poisoned on the beach in Puerto Pollenca

It seems that the serial killer has struck again. After the death of dogs along the beach throughout the summer months into Autumn and now the same problem has arisen in the winter. After a weekend of celebrations and much partying. Puerto Pollenca is hanging it's head in shame yet again. I am sorry to report the death of 2 dogs today. One of them belonging to my neighbour. Who came to ask me this morning if there had been any problems in our immediate vicinity related to loud noises etc etc. He had been walking his dog along the beach and then had gone off for a cycle ride. Upon his return the dog was looking nervous and shaking. The dogs condition deteriorated, Palma veterinary emergency clinic was contacted and unfortunately the poor dog died on the way to Palma she was only 8 months old . The Guardia Civil have admitted that 2 dogs have died today. This can be confirmed on Josefinas animal rescue site on facebook.
Something needs to be done and done fast. From the local community of residents and none residents we need to show vigalence. IF YOU ARE A DOG OWNER DO NOT WALK YOUR DOG ALONG THE BEACH.... This is a subject of high importance.
Sponsored Links
Old 18-01-2015, 20:44

Will it take the death of a child before any real action is taken ???
pips, scouse mark and gearys like this.
Old 18-01-2015, 21:08

That's really sad, was it poisoning?
Old 19-01-2015, 00:46
Super Moderator

I think we will have to wait for confirmation of the cause of the deaths of the dogs.
Old 19-01-2015, 01:31

This is so sad there does need to be urgent action taken
Old 19-01-2015, 13:16
Super Moderator

Just read this here :- Indignación por la muerte de varios perros tras pasear por la Playa de Pollença - Cronica Balear translated by Google.

Quote:
Outrage over the death of several dogs after wandering around the beach Pollença
The outrage among dog owners in the area of ​​Pollença Beach grows following the poisonings that are occurring in the area for the presence of dogs and has today led to the filing of two lawsuits before the Civil Guard.

Apparently, in a month already been two dogs died after walking through there, the last yesterday: "We do not know what happened. From what I've heard, the dog ate nothing; just been playing with a few sea sponges on that stretch of the beach and within hours was dead, "says Teresa Arteseros, sister of the owner of the dog died yesterday.

According to Teresa, these poisonings "began at the same time that beach was opened long ago and the number of dogs that have died, with the latter two are now seven. Then it was reported but could not catch the culprit and now it seems the same again. The concern is that a child, or anyone in general, may be affected if there is some kind of poison in the area and contact him. "

Apparently, animal owners have requested some action to try to prevent such unfortunate events and identify the person responsible, as might be installing a security camera, but it seems that the thing is not so simple so it is only the route of the complaint and wait for the cases open for Meritorious bear fruit
Old 19-01-2015, 20:24

Is it possible that it is something natural, I.e. something like jellyfish? If there is something toxic washing up that could explain it.
Old 19-01-2015, 21:16

Must admit that crossed my mind as well
Old 19-01-2015, 21:29
Super Moderator

I don't think so, this is only happening on the dog area of beach in Llenaire .
Some residents are talking about getting a protest going and inviting the media along to cover it.

It really does seem to be someone who doesn't want dogs in that area, whoever this sick, twisted and evil person is had better hope the animal lovers don't get hold of them......they will be lynched.
Rosie34, eleanor and roig cat like this.
Old 19-01-2015, 21:57

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
I don't think so, this is only happening on the dog area of beach in Llenaire .
Some residents are talking about getting a protest going and inviting the media along to cover it.

It really does seem to be someone who doesn't want dogs in that area, whoever this sick, twisted and evil person is had better hope the animal lovers don't get hold of them......they will be lynched.
Inviting the media, if the gutter press got hold of that in thu uk they would not let the truth or the facts get in the way of a good story ,you can imagine the rest ,.a total disaster for any holiday resort.
Old 20-01-2015, 09:34

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky;99972[B
]I don't think so, this is only happening on the dog area of beach in Llenaire[/B] .

But if dogs are only allowed on the 'dog' area of the beach, then that is the only place they can bec poisoned? Also, if I am thinking of the right part of the beach, that area is more prone to debris being washed up as the prevailing currents and tides run on to it?
Old 20-01-2015, 09:53

After reading the article in the Chronicle yesterday. I did have thoughts about the posssibilty of toxins in the water, as my neighbours dog only played with washed up sea sponges. Sea sponges are filters so would have higher toxicity, so it could be that the sea is polluted and tests on water quality need to be carried out. Imagine the repercussions if that was proved the case..

So we do have to go down the lines that some sicko is poisoning the dogs..
Old 20-01-2015, 10:22

Why not have a necropsy carried out on the deceased dog ?? this would clarify the situation.
Old 20-01-2015, 10:36
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by allanglens View Post
But if dogs are only allowed on the 'dog' area of the beach, then that is the only place they can bec poisoned? Also, if I am thinking of the right part of the beach, that area is more prone to debris being washed up as the prevailing currents and tides run on to it?
Allanglens, in winter people can walk their dogs along the entire beach it is only in the season that they can only use the designated area in Llenaire.
Old 20-01-2015, 10:54

Quote:
Originally Posted by sparky View Post
Allanglens, in winter people can walk their dogs along the entire beach it is only in the season that they can only use the designated area in Llenaire.
That's what I thought, but the reference in the article was to the dog area of the beach, so I assumed that all of the poisonings had occurred in that smaller area.

Looking at other factors, have the poisonings been all at the same time of year, or spread randomly? And seven poisonings over how long? Seven too many, however occurring, but if it is over a long period it doesn't sound like a campaign by an individual - you would have expected more in a short period.