Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By EddieA
  • 1 Post By PollensaToni
  • 2 Post By Nick
  • 3 Post By Euromart Express

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 09-04-2007, 21:13
EddieA

Default Graffiti

My family have been visitors for many years and finally took the plunge in December and bought an appartment. I wish I'd found this site before now - it would have been so much help!

Anyhow - is it just me (without the rose tinted specs!) - or is there an increase in graffiti throughout PP? I appreciate some claim graffiti is an art form but I don't share that view. Does anyone have ideas on what can be done to clean it up? Is it a matter for the town council or ?
Nick likes this.
Sponsored Links
Old 09-04-2007, 22:13
sonyaaa

Default Graffiti

Im so glad someone else has noticed the increase in graffiti being a regular visitor to PP I have noticed and commented on every occassion to those who will listen! that on each visit there appears to be more, it really is unsightly and more worrying is it a sign of things to come? I'm out again tomorrow so I shall ask a few friends what their thoughts are and what usually is done to clear it up it's probably as new a problem to the locals of PP as it is to us.

Sonyaaa
Old 10-04-2007, 17:23

I have to agree that there has been a noticeable increase in the last year or so. I was out in February and was disheartened to see that the outside wall of the church in PP square had been daubed on.

Nigel
Old 16-04-2007, 00:58
smiddy

Default graffiti

It's a social irritant and you see it everywhere in the world. But it can be removed quite easily, from my experience you remove it, the imbeciles come back, do it again, you remove it, then they give up.
Old 18-04-2007, 22:23
MoMike

Default Re: graffiti

Even better, smiddy - if they could catch the inbeciles that do it - would be to make THEM clean it off.
Old 28-04-2007, 05:42

Default Re: graffiti

Smiddy,

Just back from a week in Skye. Heaven on earth.

No graffiti. still run and controlled by the old school!

cheers,

Jimbo
Old 30-12-2014, 20:23

Quick update on the graffiti situation. Good news is with the exception of some signatures left over from the summer in the Little Italy area the Pine Walk area seems to have been cleaned up. Not so good news though is that one street back it is appalling, especially off the PP square. In such a small community I can't believe the Policia Local or GC don't know the identity of these delinquents. Don't fine them or caution them. Follow the U.S. model and dress them in a fluorescent jump suit and make them scrub off every single piece of graffiti. Rant over!
Nick likes this.
Old 30-12-2014, 21:49
Banned

We are out here at the moment, arrived a few days ago. The graffiti situation is by far the worst I've ever seen in my 11 years of coming here. Indeed, the one road in is covered in the stuff. Normally the vermin that do this at least have the warped "decency" to do it on public owned property but now this stuff is even on privately owned properties, including our once lovely white apartments walls.

Nothing is sacred. Every litter bin, tree, lampost, wall, you name it. I've emailed the council but they don't seem bothered. It is everywhere now and parts resemble some American ghettos it seems. Tourists will not return.

I'd imagine it would be very easy and quick to find the culprits, was once done in Cambridge city, then flog them in the town square on a Saturday afternoon!

It is my number one pet hate and apparently is very difficult and expensive to remove. It needs tackling and soon before the tourist season.
Old 31-12-2014, 13:28

Also dog poo !! all the years I have been living in Spain I have never ever seen as much as I see here , on the street going into the square you have to walk with your eyes looking down so you do not slip in it.

Yesterday we were walking up the pine walk , my three little ones were runing on the beach within 5 mins I got them off the beach as there was piles and piles of dog poo everywhere , its turning into a joke this place, but its alright as the tourists will keep coming back ..................
marilyn, Nick and scouse mark like this.