Puerto Pollensa Travel Guide
Before You Go
Package Holidays
Latest Special Offers!
All-Inclusive Hotels
Hotels & Aparthotels
Private Villas/Apts to Rent
Villa Companies
Local Rental Agents
Car Hire
Airport Transfers & Taxis
Travel Insurance
Late Deals!
Holiday Shopping
Background Info
Events & Fiestas
Climate & Weather
Art & Culture
Flora & Fauna
Discussion Forum
Once You're There
Airport Directions
Tourist Information
Eating Out
Buses & Trains
Music & Entertainment
Excursions & Days Out
Shopping & Markets
Walking, Cycling
Boat Charters
Market Place
Boats & Yachts
Property For Sale
Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree1Likes
  • 1 Post By Deanscroft

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 31-07-2014, 17:22
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pollenša, Mallorca
Posts: 27
Default Energy performance certificate

Good afternoon,

Our Law Firm wants to share with you an interesting information regarding the ENERGY PERFORMANCE CERTIFICATE.

For instance, new buildings or parts of existing buildings that are sold or leased to a new tenant are required to have an Energy Performance Certificate.

On the contrary, it is not necessary in the case of existing housing buildings with lower use of 4 months a year or whose expected power consumption is less than 25% of the annual average.

The promoter or the owner are responsible to instruct and preserve it.

We would like to highlight the fact that in buildings in Horizontal Property Regime the certification is for the entire building.

The certificate┤s content must include:

- The category. There is a range from class "A" (the best energy efficiency) to class "G" (the worst).

- Objective information such as energy characteristics.

- Recommendations for improving the energy efficiency levels.

For your information, competent technicians to issue it are for instance architects, surveyors, engineers...

The certificate must be registered and it has a validity of 10 years (the owner is responsible for its renewal).

We highly recommend to include it in the advertisements to sell or rent out the property.

As always, should you have any question, do not hesitate to reply to this message. We are completely at your disposal.

Kindest regards,
Committed to the Satisfaction of our Clients -
Illeslex Abogados
Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Old 01-08-2014, 20:22
Deanscroft's Avatar
Join Date: Feb 2010
Location: Puerto Pollenca
Posts: 479

I am a bit confused by the statement that for properties in Horizontal Property Regime the certificate is for the whole building. Is it not the case that apartments in a Community are in Horizontal Property regime? If that is the case if one property is for sale does it need an energy certificate and how do you get one?
lollipop likes this.
Reply With Quote
Old 14-08-2014, 15:42
Join Date: May 2014
Location: Pollenša, Mallorca
Posts: 27

Good afternoon,

Many thanks for your message Deanscroft.

In response to your question, if all the building is owned by one person who rents the properties, 1 certificate is enough for all the apartments. It usually happens when a Promoter asks for the first time the mentioned certificate for the entire building.

The owner of one of the apartments can ask for their own certificate, but with the common or global one is sufficient.

The common certificate is valid for all the properties inside the community. On the contrary, one particular certificate of an apartment cannot be used for another house in the same community. The problem in this case is that the general certificate can state a concrete letter but if you study the letter of all the apartments, probably you will discover that they can be different because for the common certificate there is a compensation between all the letters of all the apartments.

Another usual case is when all the owners of a community decide and agree in asking only one certificate for all the properties.

If you have a common certificate from the building, it is enough to sale the property. You do not need to ask a personal one from your private apartment.

In order to get one, an Architect is necessary. The Architect would visit the whole building or the apartment and will issue the certificate stating the specific letter. The process is fast and has a a reasonable price.

Our Law Firm hopes this information had been useful for you. We are completely at your disposal for more information. Our email is info@illeslex.com

Best wishes,
Committed to the Satisfaction of our Clients -
Illeslex Abogados

Last edited by illeslex; 14-08-2014 at 15:44.
Reply With Quote


certificate , energy , lawyer , performance

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are On

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Does the town hall require foreigners certificate? LovingSpain Living & Working in the Pollensa Area 2 08-04-2008 18:50
what a performance !!! bee67 Using the Pollensa Forum 4 28-03-2008 20:34

All times are GMT +1. The time now is 03:17.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0
(c) Copyright Holiday Webs Ltd 2011