Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree12Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 24-06-2014, 20:52

Default Long term parking near Palma Airport

Comments and advice welcome about the ways to leave a car at the airport for a few days. We are about to become owners of our first car (second hand) for our own use and to share with family visitors.

Over the past 14 years since we bought our apartment we, and family members, have separately used hire cars. As we approach retiral, the time has come to take the plunge as we are increasingly spending more time here in PP.

Any advice on airport parking - or other sound advice relating to car ownership in Mallorca most welcome.

Please share your experiences with us. Thank you in advance.

Kind regards

Glentobay.
Sparky, lollipop and Hibby like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 24-06-2014, 21:24

To Be honest its cheaper and easier to leave your car if you have parking space in PP and use the hopper to get to and from Airport we bought our first car 5 years ago and use the Hopper all the time. Specially if its an old car last thing you need is to Land at Palma and the Battery be flat or something else to deal with. Easier if the car is close to home
Like you we were sick of renting and paying money for nothing best thing we ever did was buying a car the car has paid for itself over and over now. Enjoy
Lorenzo and lollipop like this.
Old 24-06-2014, 21:51

We did our sums many years ago and decided buying a car was more economical and more convenient than taxis to and fro. It obviously depends on your number of visits. We use the main airport car park, floors 5 and 6 for which we pay a subscription. It is expensive (€930 annually), but for us it is a little luxury as you can walk straight into the terminal. The car is undercover and if you have a flat battery they will jump start it. Since taxis to and fro are around €150 it pays for itself in 6 visits.. For us it is expensive but worth it. There used to be a waiting list but I am not sure if there still is.
For car insurance we use Lineas Direct (Direct Line ) who have English speaking operators
Old 24-06-2014, 22:49

Have a look at a company called Park & Fly. They are located next to the airport and have a 24 hour shuttle bus service, which takes about 2 minutes to get from the terminal building to the parking. I used them for short term parking but they do long term as well. Great on service and price.
Old 25-06-2014, 07:41

Go onto the Palma Airport site, and click on long stay parking / larga estancia, to get a quote for your stay. The car park is closer than the 5 mins it states (its on the right as you reach the airport, opposite the multi storey). Normally costs us around 24€ for 5 full days. And the cars are under cover.
Old 25-06-2014, 15:07

We usly use Park d fly, now only when we go away but before moving here had the car parked there. Price goes down, longer its there and they have a yearly price, you pay a bit more to keep it under cover, but again help is on hand if any problems.
Old 29-06-2014, 22:25

Many thanks for the advice about long term parking options. I should perhaps also have asked opinions about short term parking as my elder son could return to the UK with his family on 17 July and would plan to drive to the airport and park nearby. My sister and brother in law arrive later that same day and would be able to pick up the car and return it PP - if there is some safe way the car keys and parking ticket can be left for thrift collection on rival?
Old 30-06-2014, 08:35

I would still use Park and Fly. We have done that for our family and also with a friends car ,leaving it for them to collect later in the day.
Old 13-11-2017, 11:45

Quote:
Originally Posted by alcanadakid View Post
We did our sums many years ago and decided buying a car was more economical and more convenient than taxis to and fro. It obviously depends on your number of visits. We use the main airport car park, floors 5 and 6 for which we pay a subscription. It is expensive (€930 annually), but for us it is a little luxury as you can walk straight into the terminal. The car is undercover and if you have a flat battery they will jump start it. Since taxis to and fro are around €150 it pays for itself in 6 visits.. For us it is expensive but worth it. There used to be a waiting list but I am not sure if there still is.
For car insurance we use Lineas Direct (Direct Line ) who have English speaking operators
Hi
Do you still use the airport parking? How much is it now?
Thanks
Old 13-11-2017, 14:37

I renewed our annual parking at the end of October it was 995€
Old 13-11-2017, 21:16

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP76 View Post
I renewed our annual parking at the end of October it was 995€
Thanks
How does it work? Do you have your own space or do you park anywhere?
Can you come and go at any time?
Please let me have company details and email address
Thanks again
Old 13-11-2017, 21:50

You can park anywhere on floor 2, 3, 5 or 6.
You can park for any length of time and can come and go up to 36 times in a year.
When you stop at the entrance/exit barrier the camera picks up your registration number and automatically opens, no ticket is required.
I have left the paperwork in our villa in PP so do not have phone numbers etc however the first year we bought this I simply parked in the car park and went to the office, it takes about five minutes to complete the paperwork.
The office is now on the ground floor of the car park to the right of the cafe.
Old 13-11-2017, 22:30

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP76 View Post
You can park anywhere on floor 2, 3, 5 or 6.
You can park for any length of time and can come and go up to 36 times in a year.
When you stop at the entrance/exit barrier the camera picks up your registration number and automatically opens, no ticket is required.
I have left the paperwork in our villa in PP so do not have phone numbers etc however the first year we bought this I simply parked in the car park and went to the office, it takes about five minutes to complete the paperwork.
The office is now on the ground floor of the car park to the right of the cafe.
Many thanks
Old 21-04-2018, 21:26

Does anyone know if it is still €995?
Old 21-04-2018, 22:09

Just checked the web site, charges as below

Tariffs

3 months paid parking: €395. Includes 6 exits from the car park.
6 months paid parking: € 675. Includes 12 exits from the car park.
1 year paid parking: € 1,095. Includes 24 exits from the car park.
Premium annual pass: € 1,295. Unlimited exits.