Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree5Likes
  • 2 Post By Deanscroft
  • 2 Post By JMD40
  • 1 Post By Sparky

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-12-2012, 09:34

Default Residents Discount on travel to the mainland

A couple of weeks ago I received a letter from the local Council informing me that I needed to renew my Padron registration so off I popped down to the Council Office in the Port taking all my docs with me (passport, NIE, Residence Certificate and proof of accommodation). Renewing the registration was easy but when we got to the end I was asked if I wanted a Padron Certificate or a Travel certificate or both. After a bit of discussion the clerk in the office informed me that to get the residents 50% travel discount you know need to apply for the separate travel certificate which last 3 months and that the boats and trains no longer accept the Padron Certificate or the Residence Certificate.

Deanscroft

PS - in case anyone asks the NIE certificate does not and never has entitled the holder to the residents discount.
Sparky and lollipop like this.
Sponsored Links
Old 12-12-2012, 17:53

This subject always brings up differences, I have just checked the travel certificate that I got on the 19th October this year and on the bottom left of the document states "Caduca als 6 mesos" ?.
Old 07-01-2013, 08:08

This is true, in the past it was enough to check in with your dni or nie with a local address and your discount was not queried. As from September I think it was, it is necessary to produce a document which expires after 6 months. You go to the town hall and providing your info is up to date on their computer they print out a form for you and charge you 1.50€ if I recall correctly. You can also fill in a form and take your NIE and passport with you and they will provide you with a log in so that you can print out your own document each time you need one at no additional cost. Hope this helps.
whaleywanderer and lollipop like this.
Old 25-01-2014, 10:16
Super Moderator

This will change again soon, i have just read this in the DDM Los residentes ya no necesitarán el certificado para el descuento aéreo - Diario de Mallorca, translated by Google.

Quote:
Residents no longer need the license for air off
The presentation of ID or passport will suffice to viejeros Balearics for the bonus

01/25/2014 | 6:50
Efe. Madrid 's citizens living in Balearic Islands, Ceuta and Melilla may buy back air and sea tickets with the 50% discount that is granted to residents in those territories without providing a certificate from your city hall, but only presenting their . DNI
The Cabinet yesterday approved a modification of the decree regulating these subsidies by withdrawing the measure introduced on September 1, 2012: While admitting the ID as proof of residency and require the presentation of a certificate issued paper by municipalities that renews every six month.

The Ministry of Public Works then explained that its purpose was to prevent fraud with the budget for that bonus and prevent acogiesen off that people were no longer resident in those territories, but retained a DNI residing in them.

But the move was criticized by the Balearic and Canary institutions, among others, for the inconveniences caused to travelers or multiple incidents that could occur if the city lost your certificate or it will expired during your trip (in that case, was denied boarding, unless him to buy another ticket without the discount of 50%).

The changes approved yesterday by the Cabinet allow residents in these "electronically without physical document file".

The main measures to be implemented include accepting the addition of ID, identification by passport (which until now was not a valid Proof of residence for the purpose of bonus middle) and force all agencies travel, airlines and shipping companies to incorporate SARA telematics system, which allows the DNI check by enumeration traveler in Balears, Canarias, Ceuta or Melilla.

In addition, the Cabinet decided to reduce delays with airlines and shipping companies to submit monthly statements to the Directors (six to two months) and force companies to retain all documentation of subsidized tickets.
's reference Acts of the Council of Ministers does not specify the date from which these changes take effect.

Moreover, the company Air Nostrum stop operating the Public Service Obligation (PSO) air route from Madrid Menorca-March 29, and the Ministry of Public Works announced that modify the parameters of the OSP after finding that the current do not respond to the real needs.

The Ministry of Tourism and Sports reported in a note that the Government has communicated this decision to the Government warning that "current conditions do not respond efficiently to reality or the needs of the market."
whaleywanderer likes this.