Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Living & Working in the Pollensa Area

Living & Working in the Pollensa Area This forum is for any comments, questions and advice about living (permanently or temporarily) and working in the Pollensa area. Aimed at ex-pats, property owners etc.

Like Tree10Likes

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-11-2013, 13:53

Default Doctor registration

Hi, I have tried to register at the local surgery in Pollensa to be told I have to go to Inca ?? I have an NIE number, and a social security no, I pay tax here. Can anyone tell me the correct procedure, as I'm hearing so many different pieces of advice! Thanks
Sponsored Links
Old 12-11-2013, 14:15

Blueboy1 it will depend upon your age. If you are a pensioner you need a form from the Dept of Health in the UK was an S1 which has to be registered in Inca along with your residencia certificate and empadromiento. If you are under pension age there is a different form which comes from the dept of health which will cover you for 2 years. You will need to have proof of health cover before you can get a residency certificate now. the alternative is to get emergency cover with your EHIC or having private medical cover. Hope this helps.
Old 12-11-2013, 17:59

Default Doctor Registration

Hi thanks for your reply. I am not of pensionable age and I don't have a residency certificate yet. Do I need this before I can register, i.e. go to Palma?
Old 12-11-2013, 18:06

You won't get a residency certificate without being able to prove income and health cover. These are new rules. I would suggest you go onto the Dept of Health website and find out what and for how long you are entitled and apply for the correct form unless you have private health cover in place. PM me if you wish or think I might be able to help you more.
Old 13-11-2013, 09:29

blue boy 1, I have sent you a PM.
Old 14-11-2013, 08:52

If you are not drawing a UK State Pension (or a disabled pension etc) then the only way you can register for health care under the Spanish state system is either to be a dependent of a pensioner, officially employed or officially self-employed. There is no 'free' health care in Spain based on residency as is the case in the UK. If you have recently moved from the UK then you can register for up to 2 years temporary cover using a Form 106 obtained from the UK and submitted in Inca. When that runs out you will then need to arrange private cover.
Old 14-11-2013, 16:29

Default Dr registration

Hi, thank you all for your replies. I'm even more confused! I have my own little business in Pollensa, but only since June. I pay social security, but don't have an E1 11 CARD, or whatever it's called now. My gestor has told me to go to Palma to get my residentia, from what you're saying this is not correct advice?? I'm panicking because I take regular medication and really don't know which way to go.
Old 14-11-2013, 22:04

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueboy1 View Post
Hi, thank you all for your replies. I'm even more confused! I have my own little business in Pollensa, but only since June. I pay social security, but don't have an E1 11 CARD, or whatever it's called now. My gestor has told me to go to Palma to get my residentia, from what you're saying this is not correct advice?? I'm panicking because I take regular medication and really don't know which way to go.
Most medications are available to buy over the counter at the farmacia and the cost is very reasonable, we just took our copy prescription and they sorted us out. Hope this helps
Old 15-11-2013, 08:28

If you are paying social security here in mallorca you will be eligible for a health card.you will need to go to the inss office in inca . You can make an appointment online. I suggest you enquire.as i said previously when you go to get residency cerificate you have to show your health cover. Its difficult as you need one to get the other.you will need to get application form for residency from the office of extranerjos in palma .
Old 15-11-2013, 09:14

Blueboy 1, a bit more information for you. If you go to the website seg-social.gob.es select English in the right hand corner ,then choose the citizens service. you can check online your entitlement to health care. Hope this helps
Old 16-11-2013, 08:42

Why does the UK not have these types of controls for a people coming to the UK seeking medical help!
lollipop and Nick like this.

Last edited by edward; 16-11-2013 at 13:37.
Old 16-11-2013, 19:35

Blueboy you have me confused now and I have read your comments twice, If you have a small business in Pollensa and are paying seguros sociales then surely you must have a residencia and be registered in Pollensa town hall, how can you have a business here and not be, I guess that having the business you also speak spanish, if this is the case then get your paperwork together go to the oficina de extranjeros in Palma and get your residencia, you do not need the E111 or whatever it is called now if you are paying seguros sociales you are automaticaly entitled to healthcare. I would also go back to your Gestor and ask him to clarify this although you do not need a Gestor as far as I can see. Once you have it then apply at the medical office in Pollensa for your medical card and unless you tell them otherwise they will allocate the doctor to you.
Old 16-11-2013, 21:01
Banned

Confused? Me too. Spain and the UK are in the EU. You are working legitimately in Spain, pay taxes and are a UK citizen - how on earth can you not register with medical authorities and not be entitled to health benefit???

Have I misread or can someone explain. As Edward says, we have all these foreigners coming here and having huge operations at our expense - so wrong.
Old 17-11-2013, 10:14

Unless you pay social security in Mallorca,then the UK pay for health care. 2 years for u 65, permanently for pensioners to the same level as that available to spanish people. After the 2 years you have to have private health cover or pay into the social security system here.
Old 17-11-2013, 19:46
Banned

Okay cheers for that, understand now and that sounds fair enough. I assume that Spanish Social Security is equivalent to our National Insurance then?