Pollensa Forum

Pollensa Forum (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/)
-   Living & Working in the Pollensa Area (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/)
-   -   English shaped pillows and where to buys sheets (https://www.forum.puertopollensa.com/living-working-pollensa-area/10632-english-shaped-pillows-where-buys-sheets.html)

Gommar Goffer 04-09-2013 19:42

English shaped pillows and where to buys sheets

Hi all - I have had a quick look through previous posts but got bored looking.

Is there anywhere in Mallorca where you can get English shaped pillows (to use with linen brought over from the UK) or is it as cheap to buy linen and pillows in Mallorca.

Pillows I know I can get in El Campo but does anyone know of a secret supplier? Looking for 12 sets of linen i.e. fitted sheets (ideally) and plain flat sheets and pillow cases.

It's time to throw out all the mis-matching c**p that has accumulated over the years

All advice gratefully recieved

Sparky 04-09-2013 19:56

Hi GG, i know exactly what you mean. I gave up trying to get pillow slips and sheets here and now order them on-line from Littlewoods, they are brilliant because they do different sizes and even the cheapest ones are very hard wearing, hope this helps ;).

eleanor 04-09-2013 21:09

I found that the quality just wasn't the same as UK and cost so much more. I know the new Chinese shop have UK size pillows now which is a help.

You can have delivered as Sparky says from Littlewoods, Amazon, Argos and probably a few others too.

I just had to totally kit out our place with new bedding as lots went missing. I gave up having bought locally and been disappointed with the quality. When I returned home I bought many sets from Matalan. I have never been disappointed with their quality and it washes beautifully.

I then bought those vacuum down bags and sent over via sendmybag.com (sorry Sparky that wasn't a link - it is actually their name) It is a door to door service which charges £30 for 30 kilos. I have found their service excellent taking just a couple of days to arrive. They operate a return service too if needed.

As I didn't have anyone at that time to take delivery. I arranged for the bag to be collected from my home a day before I was leaving . It then arrived a day after my arrival. Excellent! :)

Sparky 04-09-2013 22:46

Eleanor thanks for telling us about sendmybag.com, it looks great for non resident owners and certainly gives them another option apart from paying silly money to the airlines for bringing essentials out to PP :D:D.

eleanor 05-09-2013 09:17

My son used them for his holiday bits too. He sent everything over before he left and then had the bag collected the day before he was returning home. Actually worked out much cheaper than lugging a case or two and paying Ryanair silly prices for luggage. I believe Ryanair were charging £50 for 15 kilos? As I type I question that this can't be right and I have that figure wrong?

Anyway a brilliant service for whatever the reason to use and can
recommend. :)

Gommar Goffer 05-09-2013 11:08

Thanks Sparky and Eleanor. Which Chinese shop is it that stocks the UK size pillows?

Sparky 05-09-2013 11:11

I bought mine from the one in C/Roger De Flor :).

eleanor 05-09-2013 12:16

I bought a couple in the new Chinese place near Lidl :) I think they were quite reasonably priced too.

lollipop 05-09-2013 15:51

Ikea do English shape and size pillows. Well the ones I bought fit my English bedlinen.