Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > LIVING & WORKING IN POLLENSA > Jobs Wanted

Jobs Wanted This forum allows job seekers to post wanted ads. No Advertising of services please.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 14-05-2005, 00:37
emmie

Default **summer jobs**wanted!!

Hi there,
we're two girls (21 & 20) from Glasgow, desperately hoping to find work in the port or old pollenca!we're both law students at Glasgow University, approaching our final year.

We'll be able to work from the end of June until September.
Both of us know the area well as we holiday there every summer & have good experience in waiting tables, bar work & retail - CVs/references or any additional info can all be provided on request. Both of us also have extensive babysitting experience & so we're great with kids!

We're bubbly&polite girls who are willing to give (just about) anything a shot!

Any help at all would be so greatly appreciated - even just a point in the right direction!

Thanks so much for looking, Emma&Keira.
Sponsored Links
Old 14-05-2005, 14:48
Sun Properties

Default Summer Work

I would suggest you broaden your search to include Alcudia as well. Unfortunately most of the restaurant / hotel owners do not view this website and perhaps it may be worth one of you getting a cheap flight out in May / early June and trawling the bars etc. Another possibility would be to use search facilities to try and find email addresses of as many places as possible and send them your request. Quite a few of the Alcudia large hotels have gone 'all inclusive' this year with, I am told, increased bookings. Perhaps these may be worth approaching.

KAB
Old 16-05-2005, 01:03
emmie

Default thank you!

hi there,
just to say thank you so much for your advice - we assumed that the best way to get some sort of job would be to just get over there & hunt!8) So, flights are booked for the third week in June & I guess we'll just take it from there.
thanks again, emma & keira.
Old 16-05-2005, 02:22

Default Re: Summer Work

Hi KAB, great idea about trawling the bars. I've been doing this for years, not looking for work though, I just like trawling the bars:
Old 16-05-2005, 04:05
Sun Properties

Default Summer work

Good luck .... let us know if you get a job .... I can always do with a free drink. My daughter (19) was offered a job at R Bar for the summer season (by the Codfather) but she has decided to work in UK over summer so this might be a good starting place but still suggest you email BEFORE you go ... at least then you will have the managers name etc. You may have to split up if you want to work in PP as I can't imagine many of the bars / restaurants need 2 people ... Alcudia is a different story. Mallorcaboy .... I'm out most of the summer ... I'll be trawling a bit .... June best as rest of family back in UK !!

KAB
Old 16-05-2005, 04:13
Sun Properties

Default Summer work

Forgot to mention ..... get yourself a short CV printed together with a Spanish translation. Buy yourself a Spanish SIM for you mobile. Not only will calls be much cheaper but you will find people more likely to 'phone you back if you have a 'Spanish' number.

KAB
Old 16-05-2005, 04:25
emmie

Default thanks kab!!

really helpful advice - although we have been emailing all the main bars and restauarnts using the addreses provided by pp.com and nothing back as yet - normal? we were also thinking about phoning from the UK?
I'll definately let you know how we get on though.
thanks kab, e&k.
Old 16-05-2005, 19:25
Founder

Default Re: thanks kab!!

I should think phoning may be better than emailing. Although we have their email addresses, they don't always check them that often.
Old 17-05-2005, 00:06
emmie

Default thought as much!

we just assumed that those email addresses weren't getting used much ( either that or there really are no jobs! )
so I think we'll maybe just phone a few places & go out there armed with CVs & plenty of energy for trawling around everywhere !
thanks so much!, E&K.