Businesses For Sale
Property Services
Local Services
MouseMats & T-shirts
Computers
Internet Services
Virus Protection
PuertoPollensa.com discussion forums

Go Back   Pollensa Forum > ONCE YOU'RE THERE > Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones

Internet, Telephones & Mobile Phones Anything on telephones, mobiles, cybercafes, internet, post etc.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-03-2010, 01:01

Angry The Best ADSL Provider

I Fear this may turn into a RANT. Can anyone explain how telefonica charge 50€ for a residential 10mb conection (i am reliably informed the port only accepts 7mb so i did a landline test 6mb at 8 am by 3pm it had dropped to 3mb????? Landline rental 18€ (which we rarely use) An inline antivirus security pack (Which i did not contract.)8€ & no imagenio all for the princley sum of 90€?

We heard you can cancell the line rental (That might be of interest to those just wanting internet on holiday) which has gotta bring the price down! yeah to 40€ (Result we thought! ah think again..... 50€ to cancell the line and they reduce the conection to 3mb!!!!!!!!!!)

How can Virgin UK offer 50mb for £19.99

Ive looked around and all the offers seem the same here more or less.

Anybody else Use different providers or recommend a good service.

I was thinking about IB-RED?
Sponsored Links
Old 06-03-2010, 17:08

I´m with Europa. The advantages are the price which is €30 pm plus line rental with all Spanish calls included, everything is in English, and you get a free 0843 UK number patched through to your Spanish landline which is only a local rate call. Disadvantages are it is only 3mb (but rarely more than 2!) It took them a week to change it over from Telefonica and their technical support line is only available 9-5, M-F.

You pay your money you make your choise!

Deanscroft
Old 23-03-2011, 19:09

.I have been with Direct Telecom for my calls for over a year now as they are way cheaper than Telefonica. I have just moved everything over to them I get Internet Wilan up to 8meg Line rental 200 mins a month to UK Free All Spanish Landlines are Free plus a free 0843 UK number patched through to your Spanish land-line which is only a local rate call. all for just 61 Euro a month. I was paying Telefonica 43 Euros just for line rental.The Service is fantastic all staff speak English separate customer service number and technical number. You get 1 easy to understand Bill in English by email every month and best of all no more Bills from Telefonica
Old 30-03-2011, 17:32

Just doing some research on the internet and following a friend's recommendation just looked at BT Arrakis ( you get to it through internet.4.spain website.

Looks a pretty good deal to me , they take over your line and charge E 13.97 for line rental plus E25.90 per month for up to 6 Meg ADSL ( never known Telefonica get near this speed despite paying for up to 10 Meg ).

Nearly 50% cheaper than Telefonica/ movistar and a cheaper option than mobile internet .

Do any residents have experience of this service ??

Methinks old BonysLad might go dongleless and , Debs, be boosting Chelseadon's pension at the sametime !!!

BonysLad
Old 30-03-2011, 18:43

Beware of the small print at the bottom. I think the €25.90 is an opening offer which increases to €39.90 after six months.
Old 30-03-2011, 19:56
Super Moderator

So that is only €1 more than i pay Movistar/Telefonica and the line rental is exactly the same @ €13.97. Think i will stay with M/T.
Old 30-03-2011, 19:56

Wow,

Thanks, Deanscroft .

Perhaps I might be best suited to stick to me dongle, that I know and love !!!

BonysLad
Old 30-03-2011, 20:11

Quote:
Originally Posted by BonysLad View Post
Methinks old BonysLad might go dongleless and , Debs, be boosting Chelseadon's pension at the sametime !!!

BonysLad
Dahling I'd hate to think of you without your dongle but anything that boosts Clelseasdon's pension would be good
Old 30-03-2011, 21:49

Still Think my DDT deal is the best and I tested the speed the other day it was 8.5
and all the free calls am a happy bunny lol ( Qu for easter jokes)
Old 06-07-2011, 09:02

Hi All,

I realise this thread has gone a bit quiet. Just wondered if anyone had any updates on experience/prices with Telefonica alternatives, which there now seem to be many. I am thinking of taking the plunge to ADSL broadband and was hoping for a recommendation.

Ta muchly!
Old 06-07-2011, 11:24

Quote:
Originally Posted by garoda View Post
Hi All,

I realise this thread has gone a bit quiet. Just wondered if anyone had any updates on experience/prices with Telefonica alternatives, which there now seem to be many. I am thinking of taking the plunge to ADSL broadband and was hoping for a recommendation.

Ta muchly!
My DDT is working out great 64 a month 200 free mins to uk free spanish calls a number for people in uk who can call me and its a local call for them and free for me and the internet is as fast as my BT home hub in uk and the wireles router works great all in all I love it if you want all the details pm me and I will let you have them